Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new tumbler

My new tumbler

Tried out the cement mixer with about 15k 9mm. Worked fantastic, about 2 hours with Lemi Shine and Dawn.

Name:  20230506_152755.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  52.4 KB

Name:  20230506_153600.jpg
Views: 925
Size:  76.3 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

Reloading Baller status: Achieved!

As a former member of the Bricklayer and Allied Crafts Union, needs a little more Masonry and sand , go easy on the Portland. Watch out for lazy brickies dumping it behind the laid bricks/stone in order to go home early.

Gringop (always look for the union 'hack, spit' label)
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

Now that’s taking it up a notch…or 10. Ha ha

6 batches through the dehydrator, at 3 hours each. About 5 minutes to load / unload each. Total of 30 active minutes, plus 45 minutes loading / intermittent rinsing of mixer. Round up to an hour and a half to clean and dry 9k of brass, is simply outstanding.

Considering the scale of your brass tumbler, I wonder what the dehydrator looks like... ha ha

Solar farm?!

The first person I saw use a cement mixer was Jerry Miculek. He dried brass in pans in an old electric over.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    The Texas Prison System used a cement mixer to clean brass. Noise level was very high.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Considering the scale of your brass tumbler, I wonder what the dehydrator looks like... ha ha

Solar farm?!
    Basic 5 or 6 tiered food dehydrator. It used to rotate as it dried, but something about the weight made that little drive motor give up and die.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    The first person I saw use a cement mixer was Jerry Miculek. He dried brass in pans in an old electric over.
    That would be where I got the idea. It's not that I shoot alot, I just dislike doing it in batches of 400 in the stainless pins. I planned to use our old oven, but my wife gave it away the week prior.

My father got the mixer for a small batch of concrete. Made the comment that I would be in charge of cleaning it out, as I wanted to tumble brass. He gave a sort of confused look, that turned to a smile.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    I planned to use our old oven, but my wife gave it away the week prior.
    Women...
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    The Texas Prison System used a cement mixer to clean brass. Noise level was very high.
    I remember Dallas PD FTU using a concrete mixer to clean thousands of .38 Special cases. They loaded 2.8 BE with a 158 lead SWC by the 10s of thousands.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

User Tag List