Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
Agreed that 10mm long is the correct length for 407k/507k direct-mounted to P365(X/XL/X-Macro) optic-ready slides. For EPS Carry, I went with 8mm (94414A713) screws which still work for 407k/507k.
Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
After crosseyedshooter’s post I checked on some stuff and learned things... so first, thanks to crosseyedshooter for your posts.

After reading the thread last week I pulled the M3-0.5 x 10mm screws out of my Sig P365 X Macro (plate is separate from rear sight) and noticed that the first thread was deformed. In my opinion this isn’t enough of an issue to say the 10mm length screws won’t work in the newer slide design with the EPS Carry, as mine and several others have worked fine. That said, I totally agree with crosseyedshooter that 12mm is a no-go, and 10mm is on the ragged edge of acceptable... I’m less than happy with that.

I ordered some 8mm screws from McMaster since I needed a resupply of some others as well, and I’m planning to compare thread engagement with an EPS Carry the next time someone brings in a Sig with the new design slide (rear sight independent of the optic plate), but I think 8mm should be plenty based on the number of rotations needed to seat the 10mm screws.
FWIW...mounted EPSC's on two P365XL slides: one on an XL grip, the other on X-Macro grip. I tried @crosseyedshooter's suggestion of 8mm screws. So far those have worked great, got them zeroed and two range sessions without issue. We'll see how they hold up over higher round counts.