Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Instructions for becoming a site supporter...

That's ok Tom, all seems well. If I have any issues I'll PM you. Thanks for your attention and quick response!

Instructions for becoming a site supporter...

I have a question: would in future the site consider adding a one-time supporter option as a permanent set up?

I would consider being a site supporter, but not on a automatically / continuing basis. For me, it would help to be able to review this annually.

If this is not something ya'll are interested in, no problem; just wondering.

Thanks.

Rich

Same here - I thought Todd just finally got a belly full of all my nonsense
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I like auto renewal because my chance of remembering to renew myself is approximately 0%.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    With the current one time payment set up, I'm going to send out reminders to people 30-60 days before their site supporter status expires.
    Groovy.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

We are diminished
    I wish PayPal had a way for me to mass email everyone, but it does not so here is the situation as others have figured out:

Now that ownership of the forum has changed (to make sure it is up and running properly when I disappear for months at a time), the money for Site Supporters needed to stop coming to me and start going to the new ownership. Unfortunately, PayPal doesn't have an easy way for me to move subscriptions to another owner. Which makes sense, just because you signed up to give one guy $25 a year doesn't mean you automatically want to give that money to whomever he chooses.

For those of you who just got a cancellation notice, understand that your current paid-for Site Supporter status is still in effect and will be until it expires after one full year since you last paid. At that point you'll simply have to renew under the new system as Tom explained above which should hopefully be a very minor inconvenience at worst.

Again, I wish there had been a more simple back-end way we could have accomplished this so you guys didn't even have to think twice about it, but that simply wasn't possible. My sincere apologies to everyone for any hassles or worries this has caused. You have my sincere thanks for being a Site Supporter, in many cases since the forum started almost four years ago.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to sign up as a Site Supporter.

You might want to sticky that in the RR for a couple months.

Thanks for the explanations guys. I'm glad it was nothing negative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Interesting - I just got billed for an annual renewal and then got the notice so I was a bit confused. I suppose my renewal will just go for another year and I'll be prompted to re-commit 365 days from now?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    This is a perfect example of why we had to do this. While your payment went through to Todd's Paypal account, his account is no longer tied to the forum software and your site supporter status didn't get updated and is still set to expire on 2014-11-28 (today). I'll go ahead and manually extend it for another year, but next year you'll need to follow the instructions in this thread to become a site supporter again. Does that make sense?
    Yup, thanks Tom.

User Tag List