Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Instructions for becoming a site supporter...

Lurking forever, but now it's time to party.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Done and done.

@LittleLebowski et al - I have a general question.

Let's say today I wanted to give a site supporter Gift Membership. I clicked through using the "Give a Site Supporter Gift Membership" link on teh banner, and the web page that comes up is not resolving, in the sense that it never appears to completely "finish" rendering.

The attached image is what I see.

I have tried this on a laptop (Dell e6530 running Linux Mint / Mozilla Firefox) as well as an older iPad running Firefox. The symptoms are identical in both clients; the web site never resolves.

Any ideas?

Attachment 43020

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    The URL that your screenshot shows doesn’t appear to be correct (which may be due to some random issue with PayPal at the time you clicked it — which happens a lot more frequently than you might think). The correct URL should be:

https://www.paypal.me/pistolforums/25
    Thanks Tom! No idea.

Seems to be working now.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Thanks Tom! No idea.

Seems to be working now.
    I believe I put in a site supporter gift membership with a request several weeks ago.

I have not heard anything back in this.

Is there a way to confirm p-f received what I sent? I’m not so worried about ‘credit’ but I don’t want these $ to end up anywhere but in p-f’s account; hence the question.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@LittleLebowski is the only person who can answer that. Sorry.
    Taking a look, sorry for the delay.
    #RESIST

I believe I put in a site supporter gift membership with a request several weeks ago.

Is there a way to confirm p-f received what I sent? I’m not so worried about ‘credit’ but I don’t want these $ to end up anywhere but in p-f’s account; hence the question.

Thanks!
    Please PM me with your PayPal address and the details as I don't see it.
    #RESIST

@LittleLebowski

My site supporter subscription didn't auto-renew. And I can't even send you a PM about it. Is there something I should do?

Kent

Thanks!
    Seeing this thread reminds me, I forgot to post back. My issue got resolved. I appreciate @LittleLebowski looking into the payment; it went through, and I accomplished my goal of providing a gift membership to a member.

It didn’t auto-renew because your recurring payment was to me, not LL. When I transferred ownership of PF to him last year I had to cancel all the recurring payments because it’s not possible to transfer them from one PayPal account to another — and PayPal won’t let you transfer accounts from one person to another.

In short, you need to go to https://pistol-forum.com/payments.php and signup again.
    Done. Thanks, Tom

User Tag List