Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Handgunner article on an interesting Vaquero

Handgunner article on an interesting Vaquero

https://americanhandgunner.com/top-s...-and-discreet/

Nice concept, just a tad too pricey for my wallet

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post

Have never been a single action revo shooter and that is just seductive.
    Last edited by JHC; 05-04-2023 at 04:32 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I appreciate the concept and the craftsmanship. Similarly, I appreciate and enjoy my Ruger customized stainless steel 4.6" Blackhawk. But if I'm going to be in the bush, and want something in .45, it's liable to be my Glock G21. Because it's the bush....

Doesn't mean I don't want one of these, though. Just because.

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

That speaks to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post

The sights look nice.

I'mma gonna nitpick.

The gun weight 34 ounces. One can get a stainless Cimmaron Model P, which weight two ounces more, for a lot less money ($884 vs. $2,800). Of course, you're giving up the sixth shot doing that.

Also, a B/C gap pf three thousandths of an inch or less? Is someone going to reliably get the sixth shot off before the cylinder jams from heat expansion?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I wouldn’t mind having that sight work done on my .45 ACP Vaq.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Also, a B/C gap pf three thousandths of an inch or less? Is someone going to reliably get the sixth shot off before the cylinder jams from heat expansion?
    Considering that the majority of these will be safe queens we’ll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I wouldn’t mind having that sight work done on my .45 ACP Vaq.
    And that’s probably where the gunsmith benefits from this article, À la cart custom work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    That speaks to me.
    Me too.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

The sights look nice.

I'mma gonna nitpick.

The gun weight 34 ounces. One can get a stainless Cimmaron Model P, which weight two ounces more, for a lot less money ($884 vs. $2,800). Of course, you're giving up the sixth shot doing that.

And:

Unless you’re a member of the “Yellowstone” cast, who are these people that “spend 12-16 hours a day riding fence, pulling cable, bailing hay, or stacking feed” and can afford a $2,800 revolver?

The sights look nice.

I'mma gonna nitpick.

Agreed. There are definitely some nits there

I like the sight mods, the freewheel pawl, and the fact that the grips are fitted to the grip frame.

Match-grade tolerances on a work gun? Nope. New Vaqueros kin 45 Colt are supposed to have the correct throat diameters from the factory, or you can get a Vaquero in literally any cartridge other than 45 Colt and sidestep all of the throat-diameter kabuki.

Lightweight 45 Colt? Nope. Besides, if you really want that, Ronnie Wells can build that same grip frame out of aluminum.

Locking Belt Mountain base pin? Sure. They cost $26.49 plus shipping from Midway. No fitting required.

Longer grip frame? Maybe, if you've never actually handled a Ruger Bisley.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List