Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: M&P Sight Options

I had the 10-8 sights on my 2.0.
    Very easy to fit, and shot to POA.
    https://www.primarytactical.com/prod...ch-rear-sight/
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

I have Trijicon HD and HD XR sights on my M&Ps and a Shield. Both versions shoot POA for me but I prefer the XR version with the thinner front blade.

One of the thinks that perplexes me is why anyone, Dawson for example, doesn't make an adjustable sight for the M&P. I prefer adjustable sights for my non carry pistols.

One the things that I like about Dawson is their 'exact impact' guarantee. I tested this with an M&P that for some reason I couldn't find the correct front sight height, they sent me three different height front sights before I found a combo that worked.

Additionally, they are willing to work with you on products they don't offer. For example, I couldn't find a FO rear sight from my Legion P320. Talked to them about it and they drilled it for fiber optics.

Nice folks, they are my first stop when looking for sights.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    One of the thinks that perplexes me is why anyone, Dawson for example, doesn't make an adjustable sight for the M&P. I prefer adjustable sights for my non carry pistols.
    Dawson used to make an adjustable M&P rear but it's been discontinued for several years.

Novak's makes a rear that's screw-adjustable for elevation but has to be drifted for windage.

I have the 10-8 sights w/ tritium front on my M&P 2.0 Compact. I like them okay, but not enough to keep them on the gun. My brain does better with a squared off notch. This will seem anachronistic to many, but I’ll probably wind up replacing them with a set of Ameriglo Defoor sights. I have those on a G19 and keep going back to them. They just work, even with my crappy eyesight.

Site Supporter
    One of the thinks that perplexes me is why anyone, Dawson for example, doesn't make an adjustable sight for the M&P.
    Novak, Hi Viz, and LPA all make adjustable rear sights for the M&P.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Novak, Hi Viz, and LPA all make adjustable rear sights for the M&P.
    Was not aware of the Novak, but it wouldn't be a choice because I prefer not to adjust windage by moving the sight in the dovetail. I know that once I get it set the only adjustment I need to make is elevation but, nonetheless, I prefer adjustable for both windage and elevation.

I didn't consider Hi-Viz when I first saw them for the same reason.

I was also aware of LPA, too low profile for my tastes and they are not an aesthically pleasing sight as far as that goes.

Hey, geezers gotta geez, and boomers gotta boom.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

When I did own the M&P's, I had a Williams adjustable on one of them.
    Just searched, can't seem to locate them anymore.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    I've got Ameriglo Hackathorns on a couple M&Ps, they work well. I like the black rear and bright orange front.

I had a gunsmith install them. I did buy a sight pusher to move around the factory sights on a different M&P and found it wasn't the nightmare that I heard M&P sights could be. But get a dedicated pusher--trying to move them with a brass punch will ruin your punch.
    These are my favorites too. I've got them on three guns - two .45s and a .40, all 1.0s but I don't think there's a difference on the sights. I had a gunsmith install the ones on the .45s. I did the .40; it was an LE trade-in with factory night sights. The front sight required a steel punch and heavy whacks with a one-pound hammer to remove, while the rear sight came off normally. The Ameriglos went on firmly with no problem and no filing needed.

ETA: With these sights, POA = POI.
    Last edited by revchuck38; 05-04-2023 at 06:43 AM.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Site Supporter
    I was also aware of LPA, too low profile for my tastes and they are not an aesthically pleasing sight as far as that goes.
    I don't think this LPA sight is terrible looking:
    https://www.lpasights.com/en/products/sps02sw6f/

User Tag List