Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M&P Sight Options

Site Supporter

M&P Sight Options

I could use some advice on replacement sights for the S&W M&P 2.0 series pistols. I have started messing with a full size (4.25") thumb safety model just to see how I like the gun, etc... It will probably get an Apex trigger upgrade.

Please post here if you have experience with replacement sights for these guns -- which sights you installed, what your experience was, where your replacement sights shoot relative to the factory sights, any other relevant info. My preference is for fiber optic front and plain black rear but I am open to other options.

TIA

I have Dawson precision charger set fiber front and black rear. No issues putting them on but I have a sight pusher.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Site Supporter
    Dawson and Heinie have both shot POA for me.

I've got Ameriglo Hackathorns on a couple M&Ps, they work well. I like the black rear and bright orange front.

I had a gunsmith install them. I did buy a sight pusher to move around the factory sights on a different M&P and found it wasn't the nightmare that I heard M&P sights could be. But get a dedicated pusher--trying to move them with a brass punch will ruin your punch.

Dawson FO sights are the gold standard for gaming, because of their many heights and widths, and general design. However, I find them lacking because the front sight frame is delicate and the rear sight is sharp. For a more rugged FO that is a crossover between EDC and competition, these may work for you. Stronger front and rounded rear.

https://www.trijicon.com/products/de...sa737-c-601032
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the suggestions.

I have Heinie sights on my 1911s and I pretty much know what height I need for the front and rear. But the sets offered for the M&P by the different manufacturers all seem to be different in the front and rear sight heights. It's tempting to go with Heinie since I've had good luck with them on my 1911s.

@GJM do you know if the Trijicon sight set shoots to the same elevation as the factory sights?

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions.

I have Heinie sights on my 1911s and I pretty much know what height I need for the front and rear. But the sets offered for the M&P by the different manufacturers all seem to be different in the front and rear sight heights. It's tempting to go with Heinie since I've had good luck with them on my 1911s.

@GJM do you know if the Trijicon sight set shoots to the same elevation as the factory sights?
    They worked on my 2.0, but given all the variables, I would take that as an anecdote, not data.

I have used Dawson, Ameriglo and 10-8 Precision. 10-8 no longer makes M&P sights unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I could use some advice on replacement sights for the S&W M&P 2.0 series pistols. I have started messing with a full size (4.25") thumb safety model just to see how I like the gun, etc... It will probably get an Apex trigger upgrade.

Please post here if you have experience with replacement sights for these guns -- which sights you installed, what your experience was, where your replacement sights shoot relative to the factory sights, any other relevant info. My preference is for fiber optic front and plain black rear but I am open to other options.

TIA
    I have plenty of input here. Typically, i do a pair of Dawson's thin front optic/black rear paired with an Apex barrel to squeeze as much precision as possible but ever since getting into optics, I've been changing my choices a bit. So my perspective is coming from an M&P optics user.

So with my O.R. 4.25, they include optic-height sights with a fairly thin front post. Shooting these at the range revealed a combat hold which I'm not a fan of but in this case, it peeps nicely through a Holosun 507c and they work great with the optic. So I got some super bright fluorescent orange paint to replace the white dots and they stand out so much but it doesn't fight for my attention with the green dot.

Now for my new Metal, i was trying to find the measurements of the sights that came with the O.R. 4.25 but no dice. I was about to take them off with my sight pusher and measure but i remembered someone on a forum mentioned Night Fision and how it has a nice optic calculator.

I used the calculator and it spat out the measurements for a 507c. I actually decided to buy the NS front/black rear. I have to admit these are much better than I thought they were going to be. And much to my surprise, the calculator gave me sights that's are the same exact height as the OR OEM sights so i am pleased since it's the same sight picture .

TL;DR - Dawson's are always g2g if you want precision should you choose to go with an Apex barrel, or if you plan to compete

- O.R. OEM sights are a-okay if you don't mind a combat hold with an optic

- Night Fision's offerings are good for night sights and it's calculator works well if you intend to use an optic.
    Last edited by coN; 05-03-2023 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Dawson FO sights are the gold standard for gaming, because of their many heights and widths, and general design. However, I find them lacking because the front sight frame is delicate and the rear sight is sharp. For a more rugged FO that is a crossover between EDC and competition, these may work for you. Stronger front and rounded rear.

https://www.trijicon.com/products/de...sa737-c-601032
    I meant to say "find them lacking for EDC."

User Tag List