Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Equipment that you were issued/used in the past

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I am not having much success imagining a smoothbore, muzzle-loading, black powder M16
    THE A2 was referred to as a Musket when the TLs and above started getting M4s. Referencing the length.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    CMMG made one, years ago. A legit single-shot, long-barreled blackpowder upper.

edit: https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/cmmg...835015088.html
    I hope there was someway to prevent somebody from inserting a loaded .223 case into that.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I hope there was someway to prevent somebody from inserting a loaded .223 case into that.
    I don't think so. I think they trusted their customers to not be the sort of chucklefuck that would stick a Wolf 55gr FMJ round underneath the .50 payload and then #yolo .

It's an exercise left up to the reader as to whether that trust was well-founded.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    I don't think so. I think they trusted their customers to not be the sort of chucklefuck that would stick a Wolf 55gr FMJ round underneath the .50 payload and then #yolo .

It's an exercise left up to the reader as to whether that trust was well-founded.
    In my line of work, that sort of trust was considered to be "buying a lawsuit".
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List