Thread: Mounting a pressure switch?

Mounting a pressure switch?

I have an aftermarket switch (see attached pic) that doesn't seem to fit any picatinny mounts except this one from Manta: https://mantadefense.com/product/mic...te_color=Black

While it's a very cool gizmo, it's $25 (the item is only $15.95, the shipping is brutal) But, I could, gag, cough up the $25...

Any other ideas for mounts? I know it sounds ghetto but how about exterior-grade double-stick tape to the pic rail, zip ties, or ranger bands? The gun is for home defense and range fun, not professional ops.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by LowAndLeft; 05-01-2023 at 06:50 PM.

hockey tape it into place

Zip ties over the ends with some double-sided tape underneath should hold up decently. Just check it periodically or after it heats up.

twice around with Goon tape or some Coban , zip tie the cord.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    hockey tape it into place
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    twice around with Goon tape or some Coban , zip tie the cord.
    Gentlemen, with both of your suggestions, wrap the just the ends or over the entire switch? I can see only doing the ends with the hockey tape or goon tape (or maybe even the whole thing) but the coban I would assume has to go over the entire switch? Thanks.

You could also try Ranger bands or the poor man’s version… cut up bicycle inner tubes

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    You could also try Ranger bands or the poor man’s version… cut up bicycle inner tubes
    I mountain bike--lots of old tubes around!

Quote Originally Posted by LowAndLeft View Post
    wrap the just the ends or over the entire switch?
    Entire switch, obviously not tightly at all, so as to activate it. It will help protect the rubber from cuts as well. But not too thick, one time around or two at most. The hockey tape itself is not compressible but coban is sorta padded and will compress, either can work. Experiment and get it the way you like to activate it, and more importantly exactly where you want it to activate it. This approach does not mandate any specific position. You can use double sided tape in addition to the wrap to hold it in place.

Bit advantage of the wrap to me is protecting the switch in addition to securing it.

That stuff is cheap, you can do it and if you don't like your iteration just throw it away and try again.

User Tag List