Thread: Portable Bullet Traps

Site Supporter

Portable Bullet Traps

I currently run a weekly indoor practical pistol match. I did this in Utah for about 2-3 years, and have been running this match in Idaho for about a year. Our range facility is 21 feet wide (7 three foot lanes) and 25 yards deep. The walls are concrete so we are only able to shoot into the back berm. We have had some success in getting people out to this match, and the range facility would like to invest in some new equipment. One feature I would really like to offer is shots at a greater angle than we can currently offer. In watching video and researching other indoor matches, I see a number of different movable bullet traps that could be used. Because this range was installed by Action Target, I know we can get dealer pricing on their offerings, which would work well but would still be quite expensive, even with a discount. I can across the company "Green Bullet Trap" from the Netherlands. I have attempted to reach out and have not heard back from them, but their smaller and more easily movable traps seems perfect for what we do. Does anyone have any experience with these (or similar) bullet traps in the United States?

Here is a link to one of their offerings:

https://www.greenbullettrap.com/Prod...d-bullet-trap/

Thank you in advance,
    Nate

I can't help much.

The indoor USPSA near here is shot on two bays of a three bay range.
    One is just block walls up to the rubber mulch trap and has the same limitation of shot angles. The MD manages to make us work for our hits, though.
    The other bay has steel plates overlaying the concrete block walls for several feet in front of the trap, opening up the angle to allow wider shots to be taken to glance off the steel into the traps.

The other indoor range is stymied by the lack of sidewall protection as well as worries about the roof. The baffles only cover the ceiling from the stalls. (The place above has a concrete slab roof. It leaks rain but not bullets.)
    An enthusiast employee talks about sheathing the walls like the Green people will, but the owners are not likely to pay for it.

I don't know why Green won't reply, they SAY they deliver worldwide.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I can't help much.

The indoor USPSA near here is shot on two bays of a three bay range.
    One is just block walls up to the rubber mulch trap and has the same limitation of shot angles. The MD manages to make us work for our hits, though.
    The other bay has steel plates overlaying the concrete block walls for several feet in front of the trap, opening up the angle to allow wider shots to be taken to glance off the steel into the traps.

The other indoor range is stymied by the lack of sidewall protection as well as worries about the roof. The baffles only cover the ceiling from the stalls. (The place above has a concrete slab roof. It leaks rain but not bullets.)
    An enthusiast employee talks about sheathing the walls like the Green people will, but the owners are not likely to pay for it.

I don't know why Green won't reply, they SAY they deliver worldwide.

I completely understand the limitations of the second range you mentioned. The first range I ran matches at initially let us go downrange to shoot, but after about 6 months they changed their mind and required us to stay back. That really limited the type of shooting we could do (essentially only lateral movement), but we also made do and had a successful weekly shoot there for years.

Your comment about Green shipping internationally is a good sign. Perhaps my message got lost at sea

User Tag List