Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Sig 320 XCompact question

  1. #1

    Sig 320 XCompact question

    Good Morning,
    Yesterday I was testing out a new 320 pistol and could not easily tap rack the pistol to clear the pistol. I ended up getting the round out with some force on the slide. I know some users have recommended a break in period using the slide stop only method for getting the round in chamber. So I did that and got through about 180 rds yesterday. Thereís no modifications to the pistol other than a CHPWS plate for a Holosun. Has anyone else had this experience and does it go away with time? I use a 320 X5 Legion for carry optics and have not had similar problems so I just wondered if itís exclusive to the smaller pistols. If so does anyone have a solution for this ? Iím not ready to contact Sig quite yet but I did check the recoil spring to make sure it was aligned properly etc and everything is properly lubed. Also, tried several mags and the result was the same. Anyway thanks guys always learn something here. Iíve not had this experience with any other pistol that I own but am still new to 320s

  2. #2
    Did you shoot the shoot the pistol before installing the optic -- sometimes an optic plate screw can protrude and impair normal operation of the extractor. Perhaps pull the back plate and check.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Did you shoot the shoot the pistol before installing the optic -- sometimes an optic plate screw can protrude and impair normal operation of the extractor. Perhaps pull the back plate and check.
    I will give that a try, I did not shoot the pistol until I mounted the dot. Will give that a try this week!

  4. #4
    I had the same issue with a 320 full with the chwps filler plate and a holosun. The screw on the extractor side was to long and was pressing down on the spring. I just shortened the screw and it has been good to go.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
    I had the same issue with a 320 full with the chwps filler plate and a holosun. The screw on the extractor side was to long and was pressing down on the spring. I just shortened the screw and it has been good to go.
    Thanks Jim this pistol is a real pleasure to shoot after rolling in from the Glock world I just donít have as much experience on the Sigs. So just take the optic off use some shorter screws that sounds easier enough. I buy extra packs of screw hardware anytime I order a plate or optic so I should have something here that should work.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by MCGILLA G View Post
    Thanks Jim this pistol is a real pleasure to shoot after rolling in from the Glock world I just donít have as much experience on the Sigs. So just take the optic off use some shorter screws that sounds easier enough. I buy extra packs of screw hardware anytime I order a plate or optic so I should have something here that should work.
    Generally only one screw needs to be shortened.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •