Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Do You Own a Gun With No Practical Purpose?

At this point I am very blessed that most of my guns don't have a practice purpose. Or at least I didn't buy them for any reason other than the wantsies. Except for my two LCRs, probably all of my revolvers are no longer serving a practical purpose. I really don't have a need or use for any of my fullsize revolvers. I might carry them out in the woods, but only to feel some connection to a romanticized version of a bygone era.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarvershooter View Post
    I own this 629-6 with 6" barrel and have no practical purpose for it. It's heavy, loud, kicks like a mule but is fun to shoot steel with at the range and look at.
    I don't hunt, reload, shoot sanctioned matches and wouldn't think of using it as a night stand gun or carry for self defense. I've got over $1K tied up in it but won't part with it. Maybe FUN is a practical reason?

Attachment 104101
    Attachment 104102
    Attachment 104103
    You only have one??

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    This one, maybe:

Attachment 104183
    In that case you can sell it to me[emoji6]

Quote Originally Posted by Moped View Post
    I have a beautiful Walther PPK/s. Shoots great and it’s accurate. But I have no practical use for it, because it’s not very fun to shoot. Actually after a couple of mags, it becomes painful to shoot. Plus it’s heavier than the other pistols I do use.
    Attachment 104153
    One of the most overrated guns of all time.

Mine certainly never lived up to the hype. Hot women did not start fawning over me.

Maybe I needed the Aston Martin, too[emoji848]

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post

Mine certainly never lived up to the hype. Hot women did not start fawning over me.

Maybe I needed the Aston Martin, too[emoji848]
    I’m not even sure that would work for me! I need a bank account with a prime number in the front and eight zeros following for that to happen! 😆

I have to admit, I’ve thought about selling or trading it, but it’s the most beautiful gun I own. And it’s a shooter, but like all blow back .380s, it’s just not fun to shoot. So it’s a safe queen.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post

Mine certainly never lived up to the hype.
    Yes, but in the 1980s, there wasn't exactly a lot of choices. On the other hand, there weren't a lot of states that issued carry permits.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Several, NOW.
    Most of my guns were bought for a purpose, it is just that the purpose has lapsed and I haven't sold them off.
    Frex, I haven't shot my .44 Magnum in years, but it is an heirloom, having originally belonged to a club member since deceased, so I am keeping it.

I used to buy on novelty and Kewl Factor, but not any more. But I still have such guns hanging around.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I have a few with no real practical purpose..but they are fun to shoot. A good example would be my Ruger Vaquero, 3” barrel, birdshead grip, in .45 acp.. I like it a lot..Right now, I’m probably going to buy a Glock Gen5 G21 MOS, it’s really too big for a ccw but, they are stupid accurate,and now with the cut slide all of the ejection issues have been fixed, ( I did have a G21 that would throw empty’s right into your face.. That actually hurt.. I’ve already talked myself into buying it because it would make a great nightstand gun..

User Tag List