Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Carry pistols that are fun to shoot?

Site Supporter
    Since, as I boringly complain about, carry is screwed in NYS, I've avoid a move to a slim line 9mm. My one rental of a G48, didn't like it much, so my G26 will be EDC unless the laws change I can EDC again.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    How so? I’m carrying a 365 XL with the stock grip and as a carry gun it’s awesome. At the range after 200 rounds I’m kind of done with it.

I’ve thought about getting a 320 to enjoy practice a little more, but I’m not sold on them yet.

Fun usually means 1911 to me.
    While the texture is aggressive the sides of the grip fill my hands much better.

Simply coming from a “fun” standpoint. It’s more enjoyable for me now. Most I’ve put through it in a range session is maybe 400 rounds.

I interpreted the OP to mean smaller guns. I think I enjoy shooting my P30 the most.
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

Quote Originally Posted by Mercworx View Post
    While the texture is aggressive the sides of the grip fill my hands much better.

Simply coming from a “fun” standpoint. It’s more enjoyable for me now. Most I’ve put through it in a range session is maybe 400 rounds.

I interpreted the OP to mean smaller guns. I think I enjoy shooting my P30 the most.
    Fair enough, thanks for the response. Like I said I’m carrying a 365xl and I shoot it about 90% as well as a Glock 19. Great gun, way more shootable than a j frame. I’m just not sure 90% is good enough for me the way things are going around my work area this spring already. That’s why I’m asking, more if there was a way to close that gap I guess. The 365 carries nice, but I may be back at a Glock 19 soon.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    Since I'm old and wore out I like to carry and shoot the Glock slim lines
    I am carrying the 43, 43X, and 48. I especially like shooting the 48 with 147 gr. Fun gun.
    When I opened this thread, I was thinking the same thing about the 48. I like it better than the 19 (I have smallish hands).

Chris

Site Supporter
    These are pretty fun to carry and shoot!

4" S&W Model 13 and an all steel 9mm Commander worked over by Evolution Armory.

I'd also add my 9mm Glocks (17, 19, and 26) are also fun to carry and shoot.

Name:  20230223_112752.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  93.4 KB

G26 - Soft shooting and surprisingly accurate.

I shot a friend's G43X a few weeks ago and it was not even in the same ball park for me.

Site Supporter
    I carry a Government Model 9mm so yeah, the pistol I carry is fun to shoot.

Glock 34 is really fun to shoot too.

I enjoy most my USP 45, Glock 21, Glock 19, and GP100. All are carried, though I have been carrying the G19 mostly lately. I do enjoy shooting the G21 the most, closely followed by the GP100... so much so that a 3" stainless 7 shot .357 GP100 is probably in my future.

Colt Lightweight Commander 9mm.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    I’ll throw my hat into the ring and say all steel government length 1911s.

I like carrying them too.

Attachment 104074
    45, 38 Super, 9mm...they all work really well and you can shoot them all day. A full day with 45ACP 185+Ps or super stout 230s might be a different story...but standard pressure 230gr 45 is doable by most, and 38 Super and 9mm are for sure a lot less taxing on the wrists/elbows. Even full fat 38 Super...

User Tag List