Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Carry pistols that are fun to shoot?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgivro View Post
    I really enjoy my Staccato C2. Then again, it is objectively the best subcompact gun available.
    What? Since when was the C2 a subcompact gun? It’s bigger than a Glock 19.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    The G26 sort of makes the cut for me, mostly because, while not exactly riotous fun, it’s fun enough in a Calvinistic, Glock sort of way—and is the very definition of “carry gun.”
    What a perfect description.

With all the great guns and mods available these days, shouldn't your carry gun be fun to shoot?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
    I enjoy shooting my P30SK...Now that it's got 12-round flush-fit mags I'm shooting it more and starting to rationalize a backup in my head, hah.
    I did not get this memo. Flush-fit 12-round?!?

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I did not get this memo. Flush-fit 12-round?!?
    Yep, for ex. see here at hkwebshop - https://us.hkwebshop.com/hkstorefron...ate/p/50256714

I picked up a couple from MGW last month. I assume it's the same sort of redesign that took the 15rd P30 mags up to 17rd

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    After years of shooting/carrying 1911's, and then thinning out the herd to go to mostly striker-fired pistols, this is the one I kept. Build by Cylinder & Slide. BTW recently read that their founder Bill Laughridge retired and they're closing down this year.

Attachment 104162
    Bill L is retiring but reports of the shop closing were…premature.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....losing-Up-Shop

See post # 6

From Jim Shepard this morning on his "Shooting Wire" daily newsletter:

"When Bill Laughridge, founder and owner of the C&S Shop announced he was retiring, everyone assumed that meant he was closing the shutters on the shop. It seems many were a bit to hasty thinking so. Bill is indeed retiring, but has two investors who will continue to run the C&S shop, and plan on keeping it open in its present location in Fremont, Nebraska.

“The new owners are excited to keep the flag flying,” Bill said. “They are gun-people and understand what we do, how we do it and what our customers expect. The parts side of the house will remain strong and continue to grow, and I’ll remain to work with them while we make a smooth transition. The new team is also looking forward to hiring more senior staff gunsmiths and to continue to grow the business.”"

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    With all the great guns and mods available these days, shouldn't your carry gun be fun to shoot?
    Probably. It’s 2023, not 1923.

The exception is J-frames with grown-ass ammunition, of course. Those things are like the broccoli of the gun world—you put in the effort because it’s good for you.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Bill L is retiring but reports of the shop closing were…premature.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....losing-Up-Shop

See post # 6
    Good news for 1911 fans. Hope that the new owners can continue the emphasis on quality. Besides their custom builds, I always like their 1911 parts along with Wilson parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Probably. It’s 2023, not 1923.

The exception is J-frames with grown-ass ammunition, of course. Those things are like the broccoli of the gun world—you put in the effort because it’s good for you.
    To continue the analogy, if you cover that broccoli in cheese it’s a lot more palatable… like a 43c in .22LR

I enjoy carrying and shooting my CZ P01 Omega with Cajun Gunworks Pro kit and Lok Grips.

User Tag List