Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hornady Critical Duty and Critical Defense. What's the Difference?

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    That was a good read. I had never seen that thread before.

You might copy that history lesson out and put it in a sticky at the top of the page. Maybe even publish it.

I remember the Glaser safety slug. My very first gun carried them because it's what the police told me was the newest kind of latest, greatest ammo for self-defense. Hard to believe that it and the SilverTip were designed with the same intentions in mind.

Also still amazes me that the need to deposit 100% of the kinetic energy of the bullet theory is still alive and well. At least it is in the hunting community.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    That was a good read. I had never seen that thread before.

You might copy that history lesson out and put it in a sticky at the top of the page. Maybe even publish it.

I remember the Glaser safety slug. My very first gun carried them because it's what the police told me was the newest kind of latest, greatest ammo for self-defense. Hard to believe that it and the SilverTip were designed with the same intentions in mind.
    What police told you that? Auxiliary cop gunwriters? Individual cops that read the same crap in gun magazines?

Glaser's penetration in LE use, was shallower than their penetration in gel........

Quote Originally Posted by Im51504ID View Post
    What police told you that? Auxiliary cop gunwriters? Individual cops that read the same crap in gun magazines?

Glaser's penetration in LE use, was shallower than their penetration in gel........
    Local small town beat cops. Keep in mind this was right when the safety slug was first invented and first hit the market. According to the post above by DGKR, the Glaser did well in the modeling that was used back then to predict wounding. Deep penetration really wasn't a thing.

And I was just a teenager

User Tag List