Thread: Seizure while driving

Seizure while driving

Headed home last night, the car across from us didnt go when the light turned green but all the other cars did. Their lights were off a piece was hanging down from the front bumper and there was some weird activity going on in the car I couldnt make out exactly what was happening. My wife said they need help, I asked are you sure and she repeated they need help. So I hit the emergency flashers ran the red light and parked in the painted median. The guy inside was sitting in the passenger seat holding the woman driver. Apparently she either had a siezure and hit a car or hit a car and had a seizure. Anyway my wife the RN was in the car in a flash assessing and relocating the woman talking to her in a steady voice. Me and the husband were outside the car and he was telling me the details. He kept trying to move her into the back seat while she was still having some strange spastic movements which turned out she was trying to take her joggers off for some reason but couldnt control her actions. He was worried about the car being in the middle of the road and wanted to move it. An ambulance from the neighboring county drove past and did a u turn blocking traffic and then we left. In short it was the first time Ive seen my wife in a situation like that and she couldnt have been more calm. And shes the one who noticed they needed help. I couldnt have been more impressed. Thank God for RNs eh?
    Last edited by UNK; 04-27-2023 at 12:56 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Great stuff...and hats off to both of your.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Headed home last night, the car across from us didnt go when the light turned green but all the other cars did. Their lights were off a piece was hanging down from the front bumper and there was some weird activity going on in the car I couldnt make out exactly what was happening. My wife said they need help, I asked are you sure and she repeated they need help. So I hit the emergency flashers ran the red light and parked in the painted median. The guy inside was sitting in the passenger seat holding the woman driver. Apparently she either had a siezure and hit a car or hit a car and had a seizure. Anyway my wife the RN was in the car in a flash assessing and relocating the woman talking to her in a steady voice. Me and the husband were outside the car and he was telling me the details. He kept trying to move her into the back seat while she was still having some strange spastic movements which turned out she was trying to take her joggers off for some reason but couldnt control her actions. He was worried about the car being in the middle of the road and wanted to move it. An ambulance from the neighboring county drove past and did a u turn blocking traffic and then we left. In short it was the first time Ive seen my wife in a situation like that and she couldnt have been more calm. And shes the one who noticed they needed help. I couldnt have been more impressed. Thank God for RNs eh?
    Very nicely done by both of you.

Thank God for RNs eh?
    My wife's an RN, too. People drop like flies around her. Seems like she's always dealing with some stranger who hit the floor. Actually happens in church more often than not, so they're not on the floor, they're on the pew. I just get out of her way and let her do her thing.
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Great stuff...and hats off to both of your.
    I just follow orders bro.I was just hoping she wasnt wrong and it was somebody killing somebody else.
    Last edited by UNK; 04-27-2023 at 02:56 PM.

Site Supporter
    I work security at an ER. My respect for nurses has gone through the roof in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    I work security at an ER. My respect for nurses has gone through the roof in that time.
    What about your date count? 😁

Site Supporter
    Some impressive situational awareness, intuition, and decisive action on both your parts!

One of my coworkers can't seem to go out of the house without needing to do CPR on someone. Even in the hospital, it's not uncommon in medical emergencies for bystanders to be uncertain, slow to react, and in a sort of frozen state.

Just breaking out of that state and taking action is commendable.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    What about your date count? 😁
    If Mrs. Sharon caught me dating any of those nurses, I'd be IN the ER.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    If Mrs. Sharon caught me dating any of those nurses, I'd be IN the ER.
    I doubt you would make it to the ER. Seems like that is the last place she would want you. 😁

User Tag List