Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: San Francisco Beating: Charges Dropped

"Those who the Gods wish to destroy, they first make crazy."

We can stop it, but will we choose to do so?[/QUOTE]

This, folks, is a question that applies to more stuff going on in our country today than I think can be enumerated.

Being the pessimist that I am, I fear the answer is shaping up to be "No".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    This is the natural consequences of the choices we are making. The virus will spread beyond the borders of places like San Francisco.

We can stop it, but will we choose to do so?
    Individuals just being more authoritative about their local government. Sure. We can get to that point. And supplying jobs. But we are a long way off from that.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    Individuals just being more authoritative about their local government. Sure. We can get to that point. And supplying jobs. But we are a long way off from that.
    I don’t think you are correct, but I hope you are.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I don’t think you are correct, but I hope you are.
    Have to start somewhere. When you are bifurcated by the next big election but the biggest you can change is a small one on issues like local crime. As long as the facts of the case are true. it’s really hard for local seats of government when only a small minority show up with issues but the voting power goes one way. So they listen to their constituents. Just be a constituent. There’s a lot of jade thrown around. But as I have said before. It’s a community of us to get together.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    There's times I hope that people are writing this stuff down on durable materials, so that when future historians look back on our crazy age, they won't have to guess.

That’s assuming future historians have integrity. Likely they will be offspring of todays education system.
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

Quote Originally Posted by Mercworx View Post
    That’s assuming future historians have integrity. Likely they will be offspring of todays education system.
    That's a far more optimistic assessment of how long our current stupid culture is going to last than I have. This stupid culture cannot and will not continue.

The truth of the matter is we'll end up like old Rome- collapsed, and with people using our stupidity as a warning for the next few hundreds of years.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Well that decision didn’t last long.

https://nypost.com/2023/04/26/san-fr...ttack-charges/
    San Francisco prosecutors made an abrupt about-face on Wednesday and said they will now move ahead with charging a vagrant who beat a former fire commissioner with a crowbar — after The Post revealed they were quietly trying to drop the case.

The District Attorney’s new spin comes one day after prosecutors reportedly decided transient Garrett Doty was acting in self-defense when he cracked the skull of former commissioner Don Carmignani on April 5 and informed him they would be dropping the charges.
    Eta: Looks like @camel ‘s advice might have worked in this case.

Well, that's unexpected good news.
    They had a case a few months back where a shop owner sprayed a homeless female with a garden hose after repeated attempts to get her to move along failed. She had been around for days, often in his alcove. "Unkempt" and aggressive to passers by. He had called the police and the city as had neighboring merchants and got no help. He even offered her help and was refused. The spraying was caught on video so he was charged and arrested. Not cited; not booked and released OR; arrested with bail required.
    I didn't expect a reversal in this case. I thought the city's message that the homeless are sacrosanct was too powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Well that decision didn’t last long.

San Francisco prosecutors made an abrupt about-face on Wednesday and said they will now move ahead with charging a vagrant who beat a former fire commissioner with a crowbar — after The Post revealed they were quietly trying to drop the case.

The District Attorney’s new spin comes one day after prosecutors reportedly decided transient Garrett Doty was acting in self-defense when he cracked the skull of former commissioner Don Carmignani on April 5 and informed him they would be dropping the charges.
    https://nypost.com/2023/04/26/san-fr...ttack-charges/
    Utah Realtors Association hardest hit.

User Tag List