Thread: Dry Fire Training Mag for Berettas?

Dry Fire Training Mag for Berettas?

I have these for Glocks and 1911’s. But I can’t find any products like this or our beloved Beretta 92’s. Anyone know if they’re out there? Or can we get LTT to sell them?

https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/daa-d...ctice-magazine

I have one of these and it works pretty good. It’s weighted and it doesn’t lock the side back.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114236369309

Beretta 92 has a DA trigger, which means a dryfire mag would have to transition fro. DA for the first shot to SA for following shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dodson View Post
    Beretta 92 has a DA trigger, which means a dryfire mag would have to transition fro. DA for the first shot to SA for following shots.
    I understand it’s not needed to do DA practice. I was hoping for a ready made weighted mag that doesn’t lock the slide. I’d prefer to avoid having to destroy a functioning mag. I also want something that is impossible to confuse with a live mag as an extra measure of safety.

Quote Originally Posted by defilade View Post
    I have one of these and it works pretty good. It’s weighted and it doesn’t lock the side back.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114236369309
    Thanks! I have a couple old CRTC mags for Glock and Para. Great find!

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I understand it’s not needed to do DA practice. I was hoping for a ready made weighted mag that doesn’t lock the slide. I’d prefer to avoid having to destroy a functioning mag. I also want something that is impossible to confuse with a live mag as an extra measure of safety.
    Unfortunately the Double Alpha Academy practice mags aren't made for the Beretta 92.

I have some of those for my Glock, but have also used these, in old mags: https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/cool-...agazine-insert

I removed the springs, and experimented with various weight options, to hold the device in place. I then put some orange paint on the base pad, and body, so it was obvious they were training mags. Tungsten putty shoved up against the insert, and then sealed in place with some epoxy, seems to work best.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    Unfortunately the Double Alpha Academy practice mags aren't made for the Beretta 92.

I have some of those for my Glock, but have also used these, in old mags: https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/cool-...agazine-insert

I removed the springs, and experimented with various weight options, to hold the device in place. I then put some orange paint on the base pad, and body, so it was obvious they were training mags. Tungsten putty shoved up against the insert, and then sealed in place with some epoxy, seems to work best.
    Good stuff - thanks!

I don’t have any personal experience with them so I can’t guarantee they don’t lock the slide back when you rack it, but what about a weighted blue gun magazine? The photos on bluegunstore.com make it look like the follower is molded in a lower position than where it would be if the magazine was completely empty so it might not press up on the slide release and lock the slide back. Worst case scenario, you could shave off the corner of the follower that activates the slide release on the blue mag if it is still high up enough to get slide lock.

In case anyone is wondering, loading a real magazine with dummy rounds and putting one of these on top will not work in my experience. With increased pressure from loaded rounds behind it, the TRT will catch the slide and nose dive into the feed ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I don’t have any personal experience with them so I can’t guarantee they don’t lock the slide back when you rack it, but what about a weighted blue gun magazine? The photos on bluegunstore.com make it look like the follower is molded in a lower position than where it would be if the magazine was completely empty so it might not press up on the slide release and lock the slide back. Worst case scenario, you could shave off the corner of the follower that activates the slide release on the blue mag if it is still high up enough to get slide lock.
    Thanks! I am declaring you the P-F poster of the week! lol! That should work pefectly! You also cost me some money - they have weighted mags for all kinds of pistols. I snagged one for the G21, G43X, and USP9 in addition to the Beretta.

User Tag List