Thread: Source for bulk Glock (short) FS screws

Source for bulk Glock (short) FS screws

Does anyone have a source for Glock front sight screws of appropriate lenght for Dawson regular sights ?

The spec would be 1/8" total length, M2.5-0.45 TPI, 3/16" dia ultra-low profile (1/32" height) hex head.

Ideally looking for a supplier similar to McMaster Carr for the RDS screws - happy to buy 50/100/200 screws, not 10000.

This seems to be an elusive, very niche spec. Can't find them anywhere.

Dawson sells a service kit for $8 that includes ONE(!) such short screw and a bunch of other longer screws and stuff I have no use for. I have not contacted Dawson directly yet, but I suspect even if they are willing to part with a bunch of screws the price is going to be much higher than buying bulk.

Ebay has 8-packs of such screws ($20) but these are the slightly longer variant (0.16") that won't work with regular height Dawson sights. These could probably be filed to lenght as a last resort option.

Thanks !

Adding: Brownells also sells a 5-pack of Trijicon FS screws ($15) that would work. $3 per screw is still expensive though.

Quote Originally Posted by MTP View Post
    Adding: Brownells also sells a 5-pack of Trijicon FS screws ($15) that would work. $3 per screw is still expensive though.
    Try calling trijicon or ameriglo directly.

Anybody who uses this screw can tell you where to get them if they will. Id think the smaller the company especially if you can speak to the owner might be more likely to give you the source.
    ETA I once called Heinie sights and Mr Heinie himself answered the phone.
    Last edited by UNK; 04-27-2023 at 11:21 AM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

can you buy the longer ones cheap on ebay and just shorten them up with a passes of a file or Dremel?

I know its not optimal... just thinking about what may be less "hassle vs cost" ratio.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Thanks everyone, good suggestions. The easy way out would have been to have a supplier on hand and just order 100-200 screws cheap.

That said, I ll probably try some or all of these:

• Ameriglo or Trijicon CS
      Drive to Dawson's offices (they are somewhat local to me and should be open to the public)
      Shorten the ebay screws that can be had for approx. $2.50 each

User Tag List