Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ICORE Meandering

Site Supporter
    No one in my IDPA or USPSA matches has complained about revolver shooters. These are local matches. Silly complaints:

1. Old guys with ruined knees can avoid bizarre positions by taking a penalty. Young buck has hissy.
    2. Carry gun mini match, reloader complains 380 casings screws up the empties he gathers. Not really serious.
    3. Match director is a big guy who is into tattoos and those plugs in your ear lobes. New punk says : Who's the big fairy. He does not complete the match as many armed men suggest he go elsewhere. We are quite accepting of life style. Trans marine was one of our usual shooters.

I've thought about Icore, but don't have a full sized 38/357 anymore. I have shot as outlaw my SW 632 3 inch, SS, hammered 327 mag. Usually with 32 SW Longs. I've mentioned that they don't reliably knock down steel, so I would plan a reload with 327s. The boom and flash scared the SO and crowd until they got used to it. BTW, that guns slaps your palm with them.

Buy a new revolver - sadly, we have a wave of expensive medical bills and in a fight with Medicare over coverage. Another story - Congressman involved.

PS, I do have a desire for a small barrel SW Model 66, I missed a great one at a gun show. Maybe, if the financial times change.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Really? I get the exact opposite. When I shoot an auto guys are like " aw man, I love watching you shoot the revolver"

Next match I'm not sure what I'm shooting either. I want to shoot my 625 but I don't have a good holster for competitions.
    I got lots of love at Branford. The last time I shot there, some guys were disappointed that I was shooting a 1911. Branford is on Sunday, but I didn't sign up as two matches in a weekend is a bit much.

On the holster issue, I have a decent leather holster for the 28. I've been carrying it on my woods walks recently. But I can see where it could cause problems with a RO; it rides around the 4 o'clock position and the mouth is a little tight. So I'll stick to the K-frames for competition, for which I have a kydex holster that won't upset anyone. JMCK now has 4" 27s as a listed gun, so I might get one.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I got lots of love at Branford. The last time I shot there, some guys were disappointed that I was shooting a 1911. Branford is on Sunday, but I didn't sign up as two matches in a weekend is a bit much.

On the holster issue, I have a decent leather holster for the 28. I've been carrying it on my woods walks recently. But I can see where it could cause problems with a RO; it rides around the 4 o'clock position and the mouth is a little tight. So I'll stick to the K-frames for competition, for which I have a kydex holster that won't upset anyone. JMCK now has 4" 27s as a listed gun, so I might get one.

I'm waiting on a JM aiwb for my mountain gun. I will shoot from it for competitions when it gets here. It's been a month
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Anyhoo, the New England Regional ICORE match is this weekend. it's an eight-stage, ~300 round match. I'm going to shoot my 66-3, because it has both a nice trigger and a smooth one. Almost all of the other guns have grooved triggers, which for that many rounds, sounds like a blister-making recipe. Maybe take my 686 as a backup.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Best of luck to you and shoot well. (smile)

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    Best of luck to you and shoot well. (smile)
    It may be OBE. One of my cousins died this morning, possibly from a heart attack. Depending on the funeral arrangements, I may be a few states away on Saturday.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 09-05-2023 at 11:05 AM.

Site Supporter
    Sorry to hear that. My condolences.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

It’s on for tomorrow. Bringing a backup.

Name:  IMG_4077.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  55.3 KB

Good luck, Stephanie. Let us know how it went for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mas View Post
    Good luck, Stephanie. Let us know how it went for you!
    Thanks, Mas. I'm usually close to the bottom, though. My knees suck, so I don't run through the stages. And I tend to opt more for shooting for accuracy over speed. Which I understand isn't the way the game gets played, but so it goes.

User Tag List