Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for what to do with spent brass?

Banned
    Tenn Cartridge will give you credit for it against loaded ammo.

http://tncartridge.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Tenn Cartridge will give you credit for it against loaded ammo.

http://tncartridge.com/
    One of our local gun shops in Columbus has a similar buy-back program.

Thanks, I forgot about the prepaid USPS boxes. "Quite a bit" definitely isn't a 55-gallon drum, but a couple of 5 gallon buckets in 9mm so far, with a bit of .38 special and a dash of .30 carbine on the (separated) side. Are .22 LRs worth anything to anyone?

I'll have to check in the spring for any budding ammo trees. I've probably missed picking up more .22s than 9mms, so I'd probably have ammo bushes.

Quote Originally Posted by Carraway View Post
    Thanks, I forgot about the prepaid USPS boxes. "Quite a bit" definitely isn't a 55-gallon drum, but a couple of 5 gallon buckets in 9mm so far, with a bit of .38 special and a dash of .30 carbine on the (separated) side. Are .22 LRs worth anything to anyone?

I'll have to check in the spring for any budding ammo trees. I've probably missed picking up more .22s than 9mms, so I'd probably have ammo bushes.
    No one reloads .22 - you can scrap those. I only bother picking it up to keep the range clean.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Carraway View Post

In case the ammo orchard doesn't pan out, the aforementioned sheriff's office got just under $31 a gallon at auction for mixed brass so a five gallon bucket of 9mm would be worth between $100 and $150. Split the difference and say you get $250 for your two buckets - that's a nice bit of extra $$$.

I leave it in 5 gallon buckets in my basement and stack it in the corner.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    I've always thought it would be really cool to use it for landscaping around the house instead of gravel or mulch.

Maybe add some shotgun hulls here and there for a bit of color.

Quote Originally Posted by ford.304 View Post
    No one reloads .22 - you can scrap those. I only bother picking it up to keep the range clean.
    Actually they are usefull, if you want to invest in one of these....
    http://www.corbins.com/jackets.htm#rfjm
    Taking a break from social media.

Thanks, everyone.

CCT125US - Cool link, thanks. But after the landscaping talk, I saw "jacket" and half expected to see someone making outerwear covered with .22 casings.

FWIW, 5 gallon buckets with screwed on lids make excellent shipping containers. We ship automotive differentials in them all the time.

User Tag List