Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tucker Carlson gone

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Article is behind a paywall, but in any case I'm not saddened by his departure. Though he sometimes could make a good point, he was too polarizing, imho.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

TBH, Fox needs Tucker more than Tucker needs Fox at this point. It’ll be interesting to see the whys behind the sudden move though, as this story develops.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    TBH, Fox needs Tucker more than Tucker needs Fox at this point. It’ll be interesting to see the whys behind the sudden move though, as this story develops.
    I think that's probably true. I believe he had the top show on cable news.

I wasn't I big fan, though. His laugh drove me nuts. I think his potential was always there, but he usually let me down.

I'm listening to Dan Bongino's radio show right now. Bongino left Fox News last week. He said his departure was a contractual issue, and there were no hard feelings between he or Fox. Bongino also commented this morning that he was surprised to see Carlson go, and especially that last Friday was his final show.

According to google, Tucker's net worth is a mere $420 million.

His annual salary was $35 million.

I think he will be just fine, even if he remains unemployed. But he wont... he will start a radio show like Rush, or get picked up by another network, or start a streaming channel...

I stopped watching any cable news years ago. too much talking heads yelling, and not enough actual news.

I agree that FOX needs Tucker more than Tucker needs FOX. But I cant help but think in the wake of the Dominion lawsuit, that upper management and the audience were not happy with Tuckers private/actual thoughts on Trump and the whole election fiasco. And this may have played into the "contract dispute" that ended his tenure at FOX.

ALL cable news channels need to sit back re evaluate themselves. They stopped being NEWS channels in the early 2000's...
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    He said his departure was a contractual issue, and there were no hard feelings between he or Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    And this may have played into the "contract dispute" that ended his tenure at FOX.
    If that's in regard to my post, which perhaps was not completely clear, I was referring to Dan Bongino's contractual issue, not Carlson's. I don't know why Carlson and Fox parted ways.

Bad day for personalities. The Hill just said Don Lemon got fired at CNN.

On the subject, maybe Fox needed the money for the lawsuit settlement? Still, Tucker was very highly rated. I don’t watch Fox (or any, really) TV these days.

Lemon going seems a little less surprising. He seemed to routinely annoy his co-workers, and it was obvious on air. While it's possible nobody at Fox News liked Carlson, all the on-air personalities seems to have a good relationship with him, at least publicly.

Last week Fox settled their quarrel with Dominion for 50 cents on the dollar. Now Bogino and Carlson are gone. Sounds to me like these discharges might be the second half of the Dominion settlement: Fox is ridding itself of some of its highest rated conservative hosts as part of the Dominion settlement.

Cordially,
    Duces

User Tag List