Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Tucker Carlson gone

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by karandom View Post
    Blaming Trump for SVB is overly simplistic, but like most things it is based on a kernel of truth.

Trump signed S.2155 - Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act: https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...nate-bill/2155

One provision is it “increase the asset threshold at which certain enhanced prudential standards shall apply, from $50 billion to $250 billion” which meant SVB was less heavily regulated after the bill was signed as they had $209bb in assets pre failure. I’m not a Trump fan, but I don’t but him signing a broader bill for bank deregulation on his list of failures, I put it on Congress.

Under less regulation, SVB failed because of terrible management. I’m happy to do a deeper write up on it in another thread if anyone cares.

Source: I work in the finance industry.
    I would be interested. Please and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    Regardless of who was President, having the Covid Pandemic hit 3/4 into your term definitely changed the direction of his administration's focus.
    I agree with that.

Covid was a catastrophe for the economy. There really wasn't any way to stop it. Trump was afraid it was going to doom his re-election and he was right. He played it down as long as he could. That only made him more vulnerable in the coming election. Drinking Clorox and shining a light up your ass wasn't exactly what most people wanted to hear when 80,000 boomers every month were dying from Covid. His Covid advisor Dr. Brix winced when he prescribed his remedy. She knew he was wrong. I think she wrote a book, like most who were there in the Trump adm. Most everyone found it like something you wouldn't believe.

https://www.amazon.com/Silent-Invasi...2553977&sr=8-1
    Last edited by Borderland; 04-26-2023 at 07:32 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

There is a factor that a lot of people on the Left seem to overlook- if the powers that be mock, belittle, ignore, work against, scoff or act contrary to the interest of a large group of citizens, then they'll turn to demagogues, fraudsters, and others who will at least pretend to look to their interest.

This is doubly true when the powers that be play the faux Machiavellian game of promoting the extremist over the moderates of the opposition.

The Democrats and the Media made Trump.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Couple thoughts:

1) This thread probably belongs in the political sub forum for members only. Carlson was a political commentator who was likely fired for his political commentary. Any discussion of his termination will inevitably involve politics.

2) People are posting as if Trump’s fiscal policies were sound until COVID. They were not. COVID didn’t upend Trump’s fiscal policies and promises to balance the budget - they were dead in the water by the second year of his term. Trump signed every bloated budget presented to him by Congress because: a) he lacked the balls to go head-to-head against Schumer and Pelosi. He didn’t want to be blamed for a shutdown. b) He is a big spending democrat at heart.

3) Tucker is living proof that Republican leaning voters have the same need to have their biases and fantasies confirmed by the media as democrats.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Couple thoughts:
    2) People are posting as if Trump’s fiscal policies were sound until COVID. They were not. COVID didn’t upend Trump’s fiscal policies and promises to balance the budget - they were dead in the water by the second year of his term. Trump signed every bloated budget presented to him by Congress because: a) he lacked the balls to go head-to-head against Schumer and Pelosi. He didn’t want to be blamed for a shutdown. b) He is a big spending democrat at heart.
    This is becoming more evident as he attacks DeSantis.

3) Tucker is living proof that Republican leaning voters have the same need to have their biases and fantasies confirmed by the media as democrats.
    That's true of most people no matter their political leanings. There's always been a demagogue problem in democratic societies, and honest men actually willing to hear the unbiased truth have been rare even before Diogenes walked around Athens with his lamp.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

What a crazy unhinged loon! LOL! I think what I need is some more wisdom and deep none partisan insight from Vanity Fair, The View and Politico about Tucker Carlson. Ya but Ukraine!

Couple thoughts:

1) This thread probably belongs in the political sub forum for members only. Carlson was a political commentator who was likely fired for his political commentary. Any discussion of his termination will inevitably involve politics.

I voted for him because he was not Clinton or Biden who promised more gun control. Trump was not impressive on gun rights but I figured we’d get a few scotus judges and no AWB.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I think she wrote a book, like most who were there in the Trump adm. Most everyone found it like something you wouldn't believe.

https://www.amazon.com/Silent-Invasi...2553977&sr=8-1
    Try this book. Great read. You'll enjoy. Name:  Fauci.jpeg
Views: 371
Size:  26.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I'm not tracking.
    It's possible that moving forward with ideas of your own is preferable to endless rehashing of why the guy that beat you is bad.

You don't like that guy. Makes sense, he's an unlikeable guy. Provide a better alternative instead. If that is proving difficult, ask why and focus on those issues.

This is P-F. We find problems and solve them. Finding problems and bitching about them would have made this a very boring forum 11 years ago.

User Tag List