Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The M16A2 is God's gift to the modern rifleman

Gods gift to a 6’3” rifleman
    For those of us who aren’t Norse demigods a A1 is the mana. Especially now that we can build one with 1-7 twists

Quote Originally Posted by diananike View Post
    For those of us who aren’t Norse demigods a A1 is the mana. Especially now that we can build one with 1-7 twists
    Yep, I'm 5'8" and the A1 is my favorite. But a A2 rifle with A1 stock works just dandy

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I posted this in a 20in AR appreciation thread a couple years back... very relevant to A2 love!

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1228490
    I wish I'd been more AR savvy when I went through Basic in '96. I do remember we were issued A1s rebuilt into A2s but I never thought to pay attention to the manufacturer. I also remember they were so worn that if you pinned the trigger on "Burst" it was FA. The guys a couple of firing pits down from me got smoked for doing that a full mag at a time when we were under instructions to use semi only while burning off ammo during BRM. I was smart enough to keep my FA to half a mag at a time.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by diananike View Post
    As a 5ft 9in shit-stack myself, but also loving A2 sights, the trick for me is the CMMG 'A1' buttstock that looks like a fully featured A2 but is A1 length.

https://cmmg.com/stock-assembly-a1

Never had an issue with the A2 stock with the IOTV though, only the older IBA's.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I wish I'd been more AR savvy when I went through Basic in '96. I do remember we were issued A1s rebuilt into A2s but I never thought to pay attention to the manufacturer. I also remember they were so worn that if you pinned the trigger on "Burst" it was FA. The guys a couple of firing pits down from me got smoked for doing that a full mag at a time when we were under instructions to use semi only while burning off ammo during BRM. I was smart enough to keep my FA to half a mag at a time.
    Meanwhile, as a surge-era enlistee, a particularly scandalous E4 taught me how to gut a piece of 550 cord and tie it around some bits in the lower so that the sear wouldn't engage the burst wheel, and would then function as straight FA

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Meanwhile, as a surge-era enlistee, a particularly scandalous E4 taught me how to gut a piece of 550 cord and tie it around some bits in the lower so that the sear wouldn't engage the burst wheel, and would then function as straight FA
    E4 Mafia for the win!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    During my last years in the ARNG, my issued weapon was an A2, including my deployment to Iraq and Afghanistan in '03-'04. I bought a semi version of it, what looks like a GI upper on a Bushmaster lower. I rarely shoot it anymore since I retired in 2011. It shoots as well as I do and has never malfunctioned. And since I'm 6'1", it fits too.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Here I am wanting to get a 13.7 or 13.9 for my home defense carbine and you are all convincing me that 20inch is the way... shame on all of you.

I kind of brewed up my own 20' rifle last summer, with a KE lower and a Colt upper- under a grand including a 3x optic.
    I do hope to shoot it more this summer.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Here I am wanting to get a 13.7 or 13.9 for my home defense carbine and you are all convincing me that 20inch is the way... shame on all of you.

User Tag List