Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: LokNLod needs thoughts

Site Supporter
    From FB

“PRAYER REQUEST (4/26 at 8PM) - Today has been a pretty uneventful day, until this evening and Joshua has spiked a 103 fever. He has had a low grade temp since we’ve been here, but this spike is concerning, and they can’t seem to get it to come down. He has had Tylenol and is packed in ice packs. They are trying one other medication and then I’m not sure what else. This temp can’t get any higher or issues could arise. A sputum culture showed some bacteria in his lungs yesterday, and he has been on an antibiotic, but they aren’t sure if the fever is from that or from all the inflammation and trauma. Please pray it goes down! He’s been doing so good and we don’t need this setback.”

Site Supporter
    They were able to bring down Josh’s temp with more meds. He had a somewhat restful night. He’s fighting the vent a little this morning.

Evening update is Josh continues to communicate with hand signals and squeezes. He appears to have an idea what’s going on and some personality is coming out. Fever is back to normal and the doctors and nurses are amazed at his condition and progress. Still has a LONG way to go but doesn’t sound like they expected him to be here

I’ve been watching the updates, it sounds like a major step forward overnight.

Go, Josh!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Update from FB

“Todays specific prayer requests (4/28) -
    -Josh’s stomach has become very distended. It could just be air from not moving around. But the Dr has ordered a CT of his abdomen to make sure. Please pray that’s all it is and that they can get the swelling down. The Dr said this is her main focus today.
    -Josh is starting to show signs he is trying to move his left arm, hand, and foot. We can see the muscles trying to work. Please pray he gains more movement on that side. The Dr said this would be an absolute miracle considering all the damage to the right side of his brain. He keeps rubbing his feet together, and we asked him if it feels weird because he can’t move the left one and he gave a thumbs up.
    -We can’t seem to get his fever to stay down. It’s a central fever controlled by his brain, so the only way to get it to go down is to keep him sedated and keep his body calm. Problem is, he has to be a lot more alert to come off the vent, and I know he really wants that.
    -Please pray for continued (complete) healing and progress. He’s doing amazing!!”

I sent Josh’s wife $400 we collected, thanks everyone.

Name:  14237970-4E17-47B2-8D81-5C06CEEF58F6.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  12.9 KB
    Name:  40E394CB-5727-4A73-8F96-7144489317FB.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  17.8 KB

Thanks again everyone

Name:  0AF4C8C4-9C41-4603-B61F-35954EE10B1D.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  43.0 KB

No major updates or changes, fever is on and off as is the sedation to fight the fever. They are going to start trying to do some breathing test to work towards getting off the vent. He’s taking baby steps forward and back right now on the long road to recovery.

I’ll probably slow down on update post until something changes. If you don’t hear from me you can assume everything is holding stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    No major updates or changes, fever is on and off as is the sedation to fight the fever. They are going to start trying to do some breathing test to work towards getting off the vent. He’s taking baby steps forward and back right now on the long road to recovery.

I’ll probably slow down on update post until something changes. If you don’t hear from me you can assume everything is holding stable.
    Let us know if they need anything more. I missed the first round of donations so keep us updated on how we can help.

Sending positive thoughts and prayers for a full and speedy recovery.

User Tag List