Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The grip -- Grauffel

The grip -- Grauffel

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    That's very interesting. Recently I watched one of the TPC/Tactical Hyve videos on grip which really emphasized the C-clamp with your dominant hand. I have trouble executing that grip without screwing up my trigger pull. 2:45 - 3:30 of the above video was very helpful and seems to articulate what I've been fumbling toward. Time to examine my support hand grip angle...

Very interesting discussion. I've long cammed my support hand/wrist forward for leverage I believe, and to Eric G's comments at 7:30 - my left wrist gets some shooting pain occaissionally once I get deep into a range session. Dominant, never.

ETA - my freestyle revolver grip is very different, support hand wrist is straight and I've never got that pain from similar volumes of reps. Never occurred to me before. Huh.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Does Eric G shoot an all steel heavy pistol generally?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Does Eric G shoot an all steel heavy pistol generally?
    He is sponsored by CZ, so I would say yes.

He is sponsored by CZ, so I would say yes.
    Do you think his light tough with the dominant hand would apply equally to a much lighter polymer framed pistol?

Do you think his light tough with the dominant hand would apply equally to a much lighter polymer framed pistol?
    Yes. We are balancing recoil control with trigger control, and less strong hand grip force allows you to move the trigger faster and more accurately. His push pull and energizing stronger shoulder/upper back muscles causes the gun to return predictably as opposed to keeping the muzzle from rising by squeezing maximally with both hands. I sure liked it shooting a G26 yesterday.

Yes. We are balancing recoil control with trigger control, and less strong hand grip force allows you to move the trigger faster and more accurately. His push pull and energizing stronger shoulder/upper back muscles causes the gun to return predictably as opposed to keeping the muzzle from rising by squeezing maximally with both hands. I sure liked it shooting a G26 yesterday.
    I'm going to take a shot at this. Great thread!

apply equally
    Yes
    Just to clarify, a light weight gun is just as easy to shoot as a heavy gun?
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Just to clarify, a light weight gun is just as easy to shoot as a heavy gun?
    To clarify, I was saying that I believe this technique applies to heavy steel and lighter weight polymer pistols equally. I wasn't saying anything about whether heavy or lighter guns are easier to shoot. If you are asking, I generally find lighter polymer guns easier to draw and transition, and steel guns easier to split and shoot low probability shots with. Depending upon the course of fire, that might favor heavy, light or balance out.

Once I finished shooting my Open gun today, I filmed a run on an array with an OEM barrel 19 followed by a few runs with a 26 with a Mayhem barrel and comp. The 26 felt really good using this method.

User Tag List