Thread: An Oldie But Goody

An Oldie But Goody

"Deadly Effects: Wound Ballistics - What Bullets Do To Bodies" by Alexander Jason was cutting edge when it was released in 1987. Remarkably, very little has changed since then except for bullet design and terminal performance. Bonus: at about 1:27:30 the video features COL Martin Fackler in his Wound Ballistics Laboratory at Letterman Army Institute of Research, Presideo of San Francisco. (I got to test bullets with Fackler in his lab in 1990, and it had the same appearance as in the video. His shooting lab was a hallway in the basement.)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5AhcuLWIe3A

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dodson View Post
    "Deadly Effects: Wound Ballistics - What Bullets Do To Bodies" by Alexander Jason was cutting edge when it was released in 1987. Remarkably, very little has changed since then except for bullet design and terminal performance. Bonus: at about 1:27:30 the video features COL Martin Fackler in his Wound Ballistics Laboratory at Letterman Army Institute of Research, Presideo of San Francisco. (I got to test bullets with Fackler in his lab in 1990, and it had the same appearance as in the video. His shooting lab was a hallway in the basement.)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5AhcuLWIe3A
    Watched this last night. When this was released I was a rather aged 9 years old and still recovering from the death of Optimus Prime, so sadly I cannot say that this video had any impact on me. That being said, I WISH I had seen it when I was a newly minted Marine 10 years later. Thank you for posting the link!
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

Here's another oldie from Alexander Jason that was an eye opener for many back in 1985 - Deadly Weapons: Firearms and Firepower

"You've seen all the Hollywood nonsense -- now see what real firearms can do -- and what they can't do. See and learn what real firearms really do. Machine guns, silencers, assault rifles, shotguns, handguns.

"Deadly Weapons is used for training by the CIA, FBI, U.S. Army, Marines -- and thousands of law enforcement agencies around the world. Over 100 minutes of solid information."

Got it on the watch list!
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

User Tag List