Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Lipsey's LTT USP FS

The USP FS works as a sub caliber trainer for a USP FS 45. It potentially has a better trigger than a P30 and a straight grip. The P30 is better supported, has better magazines, and a better light rail.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Good get -- who did that cut?
    Off the Instagram of Landers Weapon Systems.

Not sure, will reach out to Ernest.

Forgot I had it here, but found a USP Expert in the safe along with a JM holster.

Attachment 103850
    People are already sending in slides. Just go to our custom gun work link.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    It turns out that one can direct mill a USP slide for an ACRO cut, with no plate needed. That might well be one reason LTT isn't offering it with their plate system at the moment. Jury is out regarding co-witness with the standard sights, though. Probably will require the tactical sight set.
    Yes, that would be the best option if that is what you want.

The issue we have is the location of our offset mounting screws interferers with the small clamping area of the ACRO. It is the same issue on the 92 slides.

Before anyone jumps on me here. Look at the bottom of your P2 and notice how small of an area actually connects with the rail portion of the mount.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Just back from the range. Good stuff with the USP, including a surprise.

First, the not surprising part -- the USP full size 45 pistols shoot crazy accurately. It was windy, which doesn't help group shooting. I had rough zeroed the optic with the Wheeler laser and these were my first three shots at 17 yards. S&B 230 ball.

Attachment 103862

Did some refining of my zero and broke off to shoot some arrays. This is 230 Winchester white box at 25 yards.

Attachment 103863

Then five rounds of JHP (at 25 yards) that Gunsite gave out at their GAS match some years back.

Attachment 103864

I shot three or four more groups with different ammo and they all looked about the same. I knew the USP to be accurate from past experience but this was my first time shooting a USP with a dot. Unfortunately, didn't have any Super ammo here to try.

Now the surprise. I had found another USP 45 with a LEM match hybrid trigger and started with that lower on the gun. The trigger weighs about the same as the SA on the LTT, but with longer pre travel. After shooting some arrays, I had a definite preference for the DA/SA trigger. After you got through the very linear ten pound DA press, which surprisingly didn't bother me at all on this type of field pistol, the shorter SA trigger worked better for me. That was in my ability to split close and shoot eight inch steel at distance. That came as a total surprise, but hey, things change over time.

Here are two runs on arrays with the LEM match hybrid first, followed by the DA/SA trigger last.

The thumb safety position on the DA/SA isn't ideal for my grip, and since I don't plan on carrying cocked and locked, I will switch out V1 for V9, which converts the thumb safety to just a decocker.

The USP 45 is an amazingly accurate pistol. It is even more amazing that it is that accurate, and absolutely one of the most reliable handguns ever made. Those two things don't normally go together.

HK really did their homework on this gun. While I may not think the ergonomics are the best, if you are looking for an accurate, reliable 45 ACP that will last you the rest of your life, this one is a winner!
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post

The issue we have is the location of our offset mounting screws interferers with the small clamping area of the ACRO. It is the same issue on the 92 slides.

Before anyone jumps on me here. Look at the bottom of your P2 and notice how small of an area actually connects with the rail portion of the mount.
    No, that makes perfect sense. It's pretty obvious that the mounting screw solution is coincident with the ACRO crossbar.

With that said, it would be interesting to see if you might also offer a direct-mill ACRO solution on the USP/HK45 slide for those who have shifted to the ACRO, as shown elsewhere in this thread. I personally think with the reputation you have developed, it would be a worthwhile offering.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post

The issue we have is the location of our offset mounting screws interferes with the small clamping area of the ACRO. It is the same issue on the 92 slides.

I think the only reason anyone here might jump on you is because you continue increasing the number of ways we can go broke! jk

I bought 2 of the:

LIPSEY'S EXCLUSIVE
    HKLTTUSP45FTJRM
    USP45 V1 DA/SA 45ACP LANGDON
    LTT CUSTOM/RMR CUT/ACTION PKG
    45 ACP
    MANUFACTURER: Heckler and Koch (HK USA)
MFG MDL #: LTT-USP45F-TJ-RMR
UPC: 810059261457

I have 2 coming in of:
    Holosun HE509T-RD X2 Titanium Multi-Reticle System Reflex Sight w/Solar Failsafe & Shake Awake HE509T-RD-X2.

I believe I need 2 new plates for the Holosun HE509T as the one mounted is not for that optic. Is that correct ?

How much each ?

Thanks out to Langdon and Lipseys fo doing this project !!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    I bought 2 of the:

LIPSEY'S EXCLUSIVE
    HKLTTUSP45FTJRM
    USP45 V1 DA/SA 45ACP LANGDON
    LTT CUSTOM/RMR CUT/ACTION PKG
    45 ACP
    MANUFACTURER: Heckler and Koch (HK USA)
MFG MDL #: LTT-USP45F-TJ-RMR
UPC: 810059261457

I have 2 coming in of:
    Holosun HE509T-RD X2 Titanium Multi-Reticle System Reflex Sight w/Solar Failsafe & Shake Awake HE509T-RD-X2.

I believe I need 2 new plates for the Holosun HE509T as the one mounted is not for that optic. Is that correct ?

How much each ?

Thanks out to Langdon and Lipseys fo doing this project !!!
    Contact LTT directly.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Will do.
    Thanks.

User Tag List