Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lipsey's LTT USP FS

Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post
    Com-PACT, com-PACT, com-PACT!

I can't be wrong, right?
    https://langdontactical.com/custom-g...-not-s-models/

Says the RDO is only for the P30. Given how similar the USP Compact and P2000 are otherwise, I assume there's something that prevents the install for the USPC/p2000?

edit: or maybe not?

https://langdontactical.com/ltts-cus...-usp-9-and-45/

The HK USP 9 and 45 pistols haven’t received much extra love or attention. In partnerning with Lipsey's to bring love to the USP 9 and 45 models, we now have the LTT HK USP 45 Full-Size with the LTT Trigger Job and low RDO Cut, exclusively through Lipsey’s. The full pistols can be ordered by your FFL dealer through Lipsey's. Already have a full-size or compact USP 9 or 45, no problem, we can upgrade it with LTT's secret sauce.
    It's still early, that could just be an error in the ad copy but it sounds like the USPC is fair game.

Just back from the range. Good stuff with the USP, including a surprise.

First, the not surprising part -- the USP full size 45 pistols shoot crazy accurately. It was windy, which doesn't help group shooting. I had rough zeroed the optic with the Wheeler laser and these were my first three shots at 17 yards. S&B 230 ball.

Name:  IMG_3605.jpg
Views: 1001
Size:  28.8 KB

Did some refining of my zero and broke off to shoot some arrays. This is 230 Winchester white box at 25 yards.

Name:  IMG_3612.jpg
Views: 996
Size:  30.6 KB

Then five rounds of JHP (at 25 yards) that Gunsite gave out at their GAS match some years back.

Name:  IMG_3613.jpg
Views: 993
Size:  28.8 KB

I shot three or four more groups with different ammo and they all looked about the same. I knew the USP to be accurate from past experience but this was my first time shooting a USP with a dot. Unfortunately, didn't have any Super ammo here to try.

Now the surprise. I had found another USP 45 with a LEM match hybrid trigger and started with that lower on the gun. The trigger weighs about the same as the SA on the LTT, but with longer pre travel. After shooting some arrays, I had a definite preference for the DA/SA trigger. After you got through the very linear ten pound DA press, which surprisingly didn't bother me at all on this type of field pistol, the shorter SA trigger worked better for me. That was in my ability to split close and shoot eight inch steel at distance. That came as a total surprise, but hey, things change over time.

Here are two runs on arrays with the LEM match hybrid first, followed by the DA/SA trigger last.

The thumb safety position on the DA/SA isn't ideal for my grip, and since I don't plan on carrying cocked and locked, I will switch out V1 for V9, which converts the thumb safety to just a decocker.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    https://langdontactical.com/custom-g...-not-s-models/

Says the RDO is only for the P30. Given how similar the USP Compact and P2000 are otherwise, I assume there's something that prevents the install for the USPC/p2000?

edit: or maybe not?

https://langdontactical.com/ltts-cus...-usp-9-and-45/

It's still early, that could just be an error in the ad copy but it sounds like the USPC is fair game.
    Lipsey’s released a video about these, and briefly mentioned plans for a run of compacts.

I'm showing my ignorance here and I'm hoping to cure that.

Why USP? And why .45? Why not HK45?
    Last edited by GJM; 04-23-2023 at 07:51 AM.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

It turns out that one can direct mill a USP slide for an ACRO cut, with no plate needed. That might well be one reason LTT isn't offering it with their plate system at the moment. Jury is out regarding co-witness with the standard sights, though. Probably will require the tactical sight set.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post

Dual RSA that handles 45 Super without any mods, better trigger, non curved grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    It turns out that one can direct mill a USP slide for an ACRO cut, with no plate needed. That might well be one reason LTT isn't offering it with their plate system at the moment. Jury is out regarding co-witness with the standard sights, though. Probably will require the tactical sight set.
    Good get -- who did that cut?

Site Supporter

- What @GJM said about ability to use 45 super;
    - the Spider-Man grip (on the HK45) sucks;
    - 10 rounds vs 12
    - the USP generally has more metal to work with;
    - certain calibers of USP have internal voids in the slide (hence 9/45 but no .40 USP cuts);
    - there are a lot more 9mm optics ready guns on the market than .45 so 45 is more likely to sell. Lipseys has already sold the entire run of LTT USP 45

@GJM @HCM

Would've liked you guy's posts, but for some reason I couldn't.

A slight detraction if you don't mind...

I want a LTT mill on my HKL P30L, but is a USP the better gun? We're talking 9mm so the double RSA redundant, but you both have a point about the grip. I'm not sure about the trigger difference, I'd go for LEM in either case.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Site Supporter
    @GJM @HCM

Would've liked you guy's posts, but for some reason I couldn't.

A slight detraction if you don't mind...

I want a LTT mill on my HKL P30L, but is a USP the better gun? We're talking 9mm so the double RSA redundant, but you both have a point about the grip. I'm not sure about the trigger difference, I'd go for LEM in either case.
    In 9mm ? No. The USPC and p30 are better. The USP FS 9/40 is a bit dated

User Tag List