Thread: HK VP9sk and Acro P2 - Which plate and sights?

HK VP9sk and Acro P2 - Which plate and sights?

Hoping someone has experience with this setup.

I scored an Acro P2 off of the Aimpoint site this morning and I’m hoping to use it on an HK VP9sk (optic ready with night sights) that I’ve had waiting. I could really use some help with….

(1) I’m not sure which optic plate would be best to use. Aimpoint makes a VP9 plate for the Acro P2 as does Forward Controls Design. I saw a recommendation for either on an HK forum but no explanation of the differences. Links:

https://aimpoint.us/h-k-vp9-acro-mount-plate/

https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/opf-vp9-acro.html

(2) I’m guessing the night sights that came on my VP9sk will be too low to be seen through the Acro P2? I very much prefer a minimal co-witness so I could use some suggestions on what sights might work.

Any help appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Snidely Whiplash View Post
    Hoping someone has experience with this setup.

I scored an Acro P2 off of the Aimpoint site this morning and I’m hoping to use it on an HK VP9sk (optic ready with night sights) that I’ve had waiting. I could really use some help with….

(1) I’m not sure which optic plate would be best to use. Aimpoint makes a VP9 plate for the Acro P2 as does Forward Controls Design. I saw a recommendation for either on an HK forum but no explanation of the differences. Links:

https://aimpoint.us/h-k-vp9-acro-mount-plate/

https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/opf-vp9-acro.html

(2) I’m guessing the night sights that came on my VP9sk will be too low to be seen through the Acro P2? I very much prefer a minimal co-witness so I could use some suggestions on what sights might work.

Any help appreciated!
    I have three VP9L-OR's with ACRO P2's on both the Aimpoint (B+T) and the FC plates: Both are excellent quality.

With two Aimpoint plates and a sample of one FC plate:

The ACRO sits a vanishingly tiny bit lower with the B+T plates. The B+T plates cost a bit less. The FC plate has a slightly nicer finish. FC has insanely good service. Both come with good mounting screws and perfectly fit the HK Optics cut, and provide a solid mounting solution for the P2.

Disclosure: I had very kind help from an Aimpoint rep here in obtaining my first B+T plate and was given a discount on that plate. I bought the FC plate, and my second B+T plate, at full price. Both FC and Aimpoint offered outstanding service with my orders.

Sights: The XS Minimalist suppressor height sights for the VP9 OR work well on the VP9L OR and I am not aware of any reason they would not be suitable on your SK, but would check with the folks at XS to be sure.
    Last edited by Archer1440; 05-23-2023 at 04:30 PM.

@Archer1440

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Exactly the information I was hoping for!
    Are the XS sights a lower third co-witness (or thereabouts) on your VP9L OR?

Quote Originally Posted by Snidely Whiplash View Post
    @Archer1440

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Exactly the information I was hoping for!
    Are the XS sights a lower third co-witness (or thereabouts) on your VP9L OR?
    You are most welcome. Yes, they provide a usable co-witness, which allows the front dot to be viewed in the ACRO window, while properly elevated to the rear sight. I would characterize it as lower 1/5th.

Horribly crude snapshot attached. Of course, the actual alignment is much more usable in a proper hold rather than a phone camera held a few inches behind the thing, but I think it gives the gist. You really don't see the irons at all unless you need to see them, especially when target focused.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    I would characterize it as lower 1/5th. Horribly crude snapshot attached.
    For me, less is more, and I’m happier with as little co-witness as possible. Your picture shows exactly my preferred sight picture so I’m going to move forward on the XS sights.

This is a big help. Thanks again!

User Tag List