Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Lipsey's LTT USP FS

Thank you George, now I don’t have to take pictures.

What is your feeling about the USP 509T combo as a field durable reliable set up ?

I agree iron sights are barely visible.

I do shoot the dot better at distance though.

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    Thank you George, now I don’t have to take pictures.

What is your feeling about the USP 509T combo as a field durable reliable set up ?

I agree iron sights are barely visible.

I do shoot the dot better at distance though.
    Need to shoot it with the optic to assess reliability and performance, then carry it some, to have an opinion.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Ditto.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Following this thread...

1. Being somewhat ignorant on “all things red dot”, is there a lower profile (?) RDS that would allow better use of the irons? Your initial post using the 407 didn’t reference this issue.

2. Would it change your mind about swapping back to the HK for field use?

Just curious on all.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Well, I’m back from the dead. Decided to pick up one of these to add to my HK lineup. Initial impressions are solid, hope to get it to the range soon. The LTT USP’s DA pull is smoother and a touch lighter than my stock USP45 Tactical. The SA pull on the USP45 Tactical has more of a wall whereas the LTT USP45’s SA is more of a rolling break. The trigger breaks further forward in SA on the LTT USP45 and it has a slightly shorter reset.

Trimmed up my chest holster to work with the LTT USP45. It will be the go-to woods, hiking, general outdoor use blaster going forward. Running a Holosun 508T.

Name:  IMG_2932.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  42.2 KB

Name:  IMG_2930.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  42.6 KB

Name:  IMG_2928.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  38.2 KB

Name:  IMG_2931.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  38.5 KB
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Following this thread...

1. Being somewhat ignorant on “all things red dot”, is there a lower profile (?) RDS that would allow better use of the irons? Your initial post using the 407 didn’t reference this issue.

2. Would it change your mind about swapping back to the HK for field use?

Just curious on all.
    The RMR pattern plate on the USP coexists better with the BUIS.

I like the USP and it is another good option. What took me to the USP was a lack of reliability with other 10mm pistols. Given the excellent reliability I have experienced with the G5 20 and FN 510, those pistols offer a number of advantages over the USP -- better triggers, mags with more capacity, more fav ergos and more velocity.

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Well, I’m back from the dead. Decided to pick up one of these to add to my HK lineup. Initial impressions are solid, hope to get it to the range soon. The LTT USP’s DA pull is smoother and a touch lighter than my stock USP45 Tactical. The SA pull on the USP45 Tactical has more of a wall whereas the LTT USP45’s SA is more of a rolling break. The trigger breaks further forward in SA on the LTT USP45 and it has a slightly shorter reset.

Trimmed up my chest holster to work with the LTT USP45. It will be the go-to woods, hiking, general outdoor use blaster going forward. Running a Holosun 508T.

Name:  IMG_2932.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  42.2 KB

Name:  IMG_2930.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  42.6 KB

Name:  IMG_2928.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  38.2 KB

Name:  IMG_2931.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  38.5 KB
    As one who has used kydex a lot and made some.

Where you cut the notch, I would radius the internal corner to reduce cracking. I have found radiusing to be helpful in preventing cracking.

I got a chance to zero the 509T today. Got a rough zero at 20 yards, then shot three careful shots DA only at 20 yards freestyle with Hornady.

Name:  IMG_3906.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  49.6 KB

This load.

Name:  IMG_3907.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  53.6 KB

Then I shot the Underwood Lehigh Super load. Hit close enough for my use.

Name:  IMG_3908.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  37.8 KB

I find the USP a pretty easy gun to shoot slow, but quite a bit of work to shoot fast.

User Tag List