Thread: CCW Safe Podcast: Interview with Craig Douglas

CCW Safe Podcast: Interview with Craig Douglas

There's nothing civil about this war.

I think this was an outstanding discussion by Craig and Rob High.

The key takeaway, imho, is NUANCE, and I couldn't agree more.

I've had similar discussions with federal UC trainers from various agencies...FBI, ATF, DEA, my own etc. My argument was always that you can only teach UC skills at the most basic and primitive levels because an individual has to be wired in a particular way from just who he is, to his life experiences, to his emotional fitness and ability to keep it together when things get tense.

Ride the subway to and from in NYC on a daily basis and realize how many times in a week the difference between being a victim or left alone, being challenged or being ignored, being culled from the herd or deselected...comes down to a look, a nod, a gesture, body language, the right word at the right time, knowing when to deescalate with a self-deprecating remark, or standing your ground.

All of this before any sort of weapon is brought into the equation...though having one may or may not influence the outcome...positively or negatively.

I've never trained with Craig, (my loss), but I can tell that he is exactly the kind of guy I'd want to have worked with...and the kind of guy even an old S.O.B. like me can still learn a great deal from.

And Rob seems, from all the podcasts I've seen with him, to have his shit wired tight as well.

Makes me happy to have been a CCW Safe member for a handful of years now.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List