Thread: Bergara B14 HMR trigger question

Bergara B14 HMR trigger question

I recently purchased a Bergara and am very happy with it. The factory trigger brakes at just over 2 lbs which is fine by me. I did take the gun apart to inspect it and noticed an odd screw on the trigger housing.

According to the owner’s manual, the trigger adjustment screw is on the front of the housing, facing the muzzle. The mystery screw on my gun is right in front of the trigger and faces down. It can’t be seen unless the bottom metal is removed. There is no mention of the mystery screw in the manual. Does anyone know what this screw is for? It was fairly loose, so I backed it out 3 turns, applied blue locktite, and screwed in back in 3 turns.

It looks like another way to adjust the trigger weight.

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting...tment.6942264/

Hmmm…. I wondering if Bergara made some changes to their guns? I thought my B14 HMR only came with the Bergara made trigger with an adjustment screw on the front of the trigger housing. Some of their higher end models have TriggerTech triggers which have the bottom adjustment screw.

I compared my trigger to the photos in the owners manual and they don’t look the same. The photo shows 2 holes on the front edge, with the upper hole used for adjustment. Mine only has one hole. I have no idea what sized hex key would be used because the hole on my trigger is tiny.

I sent an email to Bergara but I’m still waiting for a response.

Ok, after a little more research, I’m thinking Bergeara did change things up a little. They make a rimfire rifle called the B14R…the attached photo is mow to adjust the trigger for that rifle…

Name:  2C74811E-F66F-403F-8471-306D2FDF7E6D.jpg
Views: 1740
Size:  51.0 KB

I just confirmed with Bergara. That bottom screw is the trigger adjustment screw. Apparently they recently changed to a new trigger but haven’t changed the owners manual.

User Tag List