Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blazer 115 aluminum 9mm accuracy problems

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    HK Training was pretty specific about not running aluminum cases through MP5s due to the fluted chambers. The range always bought brass cases for us even when we used Blazer for our pistol practice ammunition. I’m sure at some point I probably ran some Blazer through my MP5 but I don’t recall anything occurring.
    Same reason it’s a bit hinky out of a P7.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Back in the "good ole days" (early 2000s), I used to buy this load for $79.80/1000 and $73.40/1000 on sale at Academy Sports. It was the most consistent factory ammo I ever chronographed, showing 1160 fps, ES of 20ish and repeated single digit SDs. It was shocking in all respects (in a good way). It may not shoot well in your pistol(s), but I was always very happy with it.
    I recall those days fondly.
    Academy in Gulfport, MS was a regular stop for me. I purchased and shot thousands of those 115 gr rounds through multiple classes with nary a hitch in my G19's.
    It was great ammo at a great price back then. I even stopped handloading 9mm for several years as Blazer was so affordable and worked so well.

(FWIW my notes show it chronoed at 1140 from my G19 in 2005).

I have no idea as regards the current production. But may try some when/if it reaches a lower price point.

Site Supporter
    @Jamie,

I forgot to state those chrono numbers came from a well worn G-17 Gen 2 pistol, which matches nicely with your G-19 numbers.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

As I was putting some brass on to tumble a bit ago I scrounged around my ammo stock. I actually had a few hundred rounds on 115 gr Aluminum Blazer 9mm from 2019.

Just for S's & G's I'll chrono some Tuesday when I go to the outdoor range. I wanted to chrono a few more rounds of that Georgia Arms .38 spl Defensive WC anyway. I'll just make sure to take my G17 for the Blazer.

Still hoping for 2019 prices, but not holding my breath.

ETA. I just check again and the SKU is 3509. Guess I purchased it since 2019 LOL

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    As I was putting some brass on to tumble a bit ago I scrounged around my ammo stock. I actually had a few hundred rounds on 115 gr Aluminum Blazer 9mm from 2019.

Just for S's & G's I'll chrono some Tuesday when I go to the outdoor range. I wanted to chrono a few more rounds of that Georgia Arms .38 spl Defensive WC anyway. I'll just make sure to take my G17 for the Blazer.

Still hoping for 2019 prices, but not holding my breath.

ETA. I just check again and the SKU is 3509. Guess I purchased it since 2019 LOL
    Please let us know on both loads. I had a peripheral part of birthing the Georgia Arms load along with Mark Fricke, Darryl Bolke and Rob Garrett and the Pat Rogers Memorial Revolver Roundup crowd (of which I'm a cofounder and presenter). That load has been very good in the various J-frames I've shot it in and shoots right to the sights at 10 yards on the revolvers I've shot it in.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Please let us know on both loads. I had a peripheral part of birthing the Georgia Arms load along with Mark Fricke, Darryl Bolke and Rob Garrett and the Pat Rogers Memorial Revolver Roundup crowd (of which I'm a cofounder and presenter). That load has been very good in the various J-frames I've shot it in and shoots right to the sights at 10 yards on the revolvers I've shot it in.
    Absolutely.

I'm really happy to have that .38 load available, so my thanks to all of you.

I have been following the info put out on "On Duty/Off Duty" podcast among other places. Beautiful looking ammo. Georgia Arms makes some good stuff!

Now. if only you guys can talk them into making a .32 H&R Mag/.32 S&W WC Self Defense load for my LCR. Just hoping.

Chrono data

I was able to make to the outdoor range this morning.

The Blazer 115 gr 9mm (3509) ran great for me in my old G19 and G17.

Chrono Data:

G19 (Holosun 509) 1101-1104-1101-1098-1098 avg 110 fps (this is the same G19 used in 2005)

G17 (RMR) 1112-1128-1129-1123-1121 avg 1122 fps

I seriously lack the skills of the majority of shooters here. Getting old and slow. But I found this ammo to shoot well and to my RDS on both guns.

The overwhelming majority of my ammo is handloads, but I'll certainly pick up some more Blazer when/if pricing improves.

@Wayne Dobbs
    More coming on the Georgia Arms .38 spl

Name:  Blazer 115 gr G17 G19 8yds.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  20.2 KB

Name:  Blazer 9mm 10 and 15 yards.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  26.6 KB

Link to Georgia Arms .38 post
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....45#post1473345
    Last edited by Jamie; 04-25-2023 at 12:21 PM.

User Tag List