Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blazer 115 aluminum 9mm accuracy problems

Blazer 115 aluminum 9mm accuracy problems

Has anyone ever had problems with this ammo?

I’ve never had problems with blazer brass but this is my first time using the aluminum and it seems to all be shooting to the left in my sig 365s. Thought maybe I was just having a bad range day so I loaded up a few mags of federal 115 brass and the pistol shot accurate. Went back to the blazer and again all my rounds impacted left. Not low left, just left in general.

Is this a known problem with this brand?

I accidentally bought a case of blazer aluminum 115 grain 9mm last month, and it shoots dead on out of a Glock 19 G5, CZ 75 Compact, and a Sig P365.

Site Supporter
    I used to shoot it all the time in a G26 without any problems. It was cheap and I do not reload.

Spend an extra $1 or 2 a box

I have a Gen4 Glock 19 that prefers the 124gr Blazer aluminum over any of about 7 brands/bullet weight combo's I've tried in it. Dramatically smaller grouping with that load. The 115gr Blazer aluminum were just so-so.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    Back in the "good ole days" (early 2000s), I used to buy this load for $79.80/1000 and $73.40/1000 on sale at Academy Sports. It was the most consistent factory ammo I ever chronographed, showing 1160 fps, ES of 20ish and repeated single digit SDs. It was shocking in all respects (in a good way). It may not shoot well in your pistol(s), but I was always very happy with it.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

It was the training ammo I bought when we issued 5906s. No issues with the pistols. However, we had two MP5s, one of them wouldn’t run with it so I bought remanufactured from Black Hills for those.

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post

I’ve never had problems with blazer brass but this is my first time using the aluminum and it seems to all be shooting to the left in my sig 365s. Thought maybe I was just having a bad range day so I loaded up a few mags of federal 115 brass and the pistol shot accurate. Went back to the blazer and again all my rounds impacted left. Not low left, just left in general.

I've had a batch of that (sku 3509) in the last year or so that is pretty variable in impulse and stops at least one vetted and reliable gen4 G19. No POI change like you're describing though. Like others said, it was previously okay.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post

And how does that mean that the Blazer ammunition has "accuracy problems." Different loads can shoot to different points of impact; that's a matter fact. It's why your sights on your handgun are adjustable.

I fired thousands upon thousands of rounds of 115 grain Blazer through my SIG P229 and SIG P239 before I stated reloading and never had any issues with it.

Member of the General Population

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    It was the training ammo I bought when we issued 5906s. No issues with the pistols. However, we had two MP5s, one of them wouldn’t run with it so I bought remanufactured from Black Hills for those.
    HK Training was pretty specific about not running aluminum cases through MP5s due to the fluted chambers. The range always bought brass cases for us even when we used Blazer for our pistol practice ammunition. I’m sure at some point I probably ran some Blazer through my MP5 but I don’t recall anything occurring.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List