Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: “Top shot” officer sues LAPD over social media demand

Having been sued by the same adam henry who sued her, I've got a wee bit of empathy for her.

I'm glad she did not have to submerge & hide in the aftermath of her event.

If anyone cares, speaking about your department on matters of public concern is CLEARLY protected speech:

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal...016-12-15.html
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

I wouldn’t worry about her LE career. There are plenty of agencies in SoCal that have more conservative management than LAPD. All of them are hard up for recruits/laterals. Regardless of the outcome of her lawsuit, she should land on her feet and probably at a much better place to work.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    I wouldn’t worry about her LE career. There are plenty of agencies in SoCal that have more conservative management than LAPD. All of them are hard up for recruits/laterals. Regardless of the outcome of her lawsuit, she should land on her feet and probably at a much better place to work.
    Perhaps, but her lawsuit may prevent other agencies from hiring her. "She sued them. She'll sue us.".
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Perhaps, but her lawsuit may prevent other agencies from hiring her. "She sued them. She'll sue us.".
    Maybe, it’s been a while since I worked in California, but policing is regional. An officer suing their own department in CA is not the outlier they might be in other places.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    I hope she’s awarded the entire 5 mil.
    And punitive damages.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

After reading this thread, I did a quick search of her name on Youtube....revealed some association with Taran Tactical. So there's that.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Maybe, it’s been a while since I worked in California, but policing is regional. An officer suing their own department in CA is not the outlier they might be in other places.
    It does not happen in my area in TX unless an officer is attempting to be rehired after beings wrongfully terminated but it appears to happen quite a bit at LAPD

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    In my experience, that's rarely the road block you'd think it would be.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Having met and worked with Toni before, I will say she is a nice down-to-earth girl and not the type of person whom I would think would sue LAPD.
    She is very close to her father, who is well respected amongst his peers and long serving cop who is also one of the heads of the LAPD union. He is known as well as a extremely vocal opponent towards the city and it's politicians.

I am almost certain that he is behind this lawsuit as a means to punish and get even with the people who are running the city and the organization into the ground.
    I also highly doubt that at the conclusion of the lawsuit if she does in fact win a settlement that she would care to seek out another LE job.

User Tag List