Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun Jesus had a kaboom

Gun Jesus had a kaboom

This apparently happened quite a while back.

Still, quite few lessons learned; especially, for me, regarding Henry rifles.

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

I remember this. A big lesson was having an automatic transmission in your vehicle so you can drive yourself with an injured extremity to the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    I remember this. A big lesson was having an automatic transmission in your vehicle so you can drive yourself with an injured extremity to the hospital.

I remember trying to drive my stick on the way home from a technical rock climb where I had separated my shoulder. Man, that hurt.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

#bringback8mmLebel

As weird and limiting of a cartridge that it was, the severe double-taper of the 8mm Lebel was actually ideal for tube magazines as the double-taper cartridge forced the bullet to sit off to one side or the other. When they moved to spitzer bullets, they developed a trough around the primer that would lodge the spitzer tip away from the primer as extra insurance.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I remember trying to drive my stick on the way home from a technical rock climb where I had separated my shoulder. Man, that hurt.
    Back in the 80s, I cut my foot deeply enough to sever tendons (walking on the beach of all things) on my left foot. I had to drive myself to the clinic ... of course it was a stick shift.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Back in the 80s, I cut my foot deeply enough to sever tendons (walking on the beach of all things) on my left foot. I had to drive myself to the clinic ... of course it was a stick shift.
    Stepped on a pop top?

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Stepped on a pop top?
    I have no idea. It's quite possibly that, or broken glass, or cut open beer can or broken seashell, or something else sharp

I was just entering the water, I didn't see anything at my feet, felt something weird under my foot, walked out and saw that the sand was getting very red.

Inquiring about what had happened was a much lower priority than getting this treated. :-)

Please Universe, don't take Gun Jesus from us.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Was there booze in the blender?

Site Supporter
    I drove a stick Civic to the hospital with a broken wrist, ribs and badly sprained ankle. The witnesses to the accident offered to call 911, but in my befuddled mind I was worried about leaving my car and what would happen to my EDC. So I drove the ER and locked the gun in the car to be retrieved the next day with my wife helping.

Now I have an automatic vehicle with a built in SOS button to summon help.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

User Tag List