Thread: My daughter's first hike and some Robert Service

My daughter's first hike and some Robert Service

Well, that she actually walked. She's been on countless hikes riding in a pack. At 2 this 3 miles was her first hike. She never even asked to ride on my shoulders which I was prepared to do. My 4yo son was running and jumping and is now better in the woods then 90% of adults.
    Name:  IMG_20230418_100748.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  41.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_20230418_102420.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  54.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_20230418_103105.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  49.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_20230418_103342.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  25.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_20230418_104848.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  64.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_20230418_104856.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  65.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_20230418_125241.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  25.0 KB
    @Lost River has set the bar on outdoor daughter pics but I'm trying
    @snow white
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

These are AWESOME pics Brother!

And no bars are really set. You have your beautiful family outdoors and doing stuff. That is the key thing. They likely will not realize or appreciate it until they have kids of their own. But when they do, they will realize how important it was and appreciate the pictures that you have taken, and maybe put in a scrapbook, journal, whatever.

A few days back it was my middle kiddo's birthday. The weather out was cruddy and they would have gotten cold and discouraged quickly. So instead I took the 3 girls including my oldest daughter (who is 20) and her childhood friend and we went bowling. They/we all had a great time. A month or so ago I took the youngest bowling, and she was totally loving it in spite of not so great scores. My scores were terrible too, as I had not bowled in more than 20 years. It does not really matter what it is. Feed ducks at the local pond, go bowling, hiking, whatever.

Just be active with them.

I know you are too based on your posts. That tends to be a pretty difficult thing too, being a working parent.

So, GOOD JOB!

That's the happiest you've ever looked in a photo. That says something. My three kids are now from 30 to 40. Some of their fondest childhood memories are from times in the wilderness.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    These are AWESOME pics Brother!

And no bars are really set. You have your beautiful family outdoors and doing stuff. That is the key thing. They likely will not realize or appreciate it until they have kids of their own. But when they do, they will realize how important it was and appreciate the pictures that you have taken, and maybe put in a scrapbook, journal, whatever.

A few days back it was my middle kiddo's birthday. The weather out was cruddy and they would have gotten cold and discouraged quickly. So instead I took the 3 girls including my oldest daughter (who is 20) and her childhood friend and we went bowling. They/we all had a great time. A month or so ago I took the youngest bowling, and she was totally loving it in spite of not so great scores. My scores were terrible too, as I had not bowled in more than 20 years. It does not really matter what it is. Feed ducks at the local pond, go bowling, hiking, whatever.

Just be active with them.

I know you are too based on your posts. That tends to be a pretty difficult thing too, being a working parent.

So, GOOD JOB!
    Thanks man

Raising kids is sometimes out of my league. It's weird being this compassionate caring guy. I love it but it's weird.
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Site Supporter
    Making Memories My Man!!!
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

User Tag List