Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Best .45 Auto Revolver

Looks like I’m getting the S&W 64-3 tomorrow for $375. My dreams of a .45 ACP revolver will have to wait a bit longer, as will my desire for a >6 round .357

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Have you ever tried to get a Postal Inspector to actually do something? Professionally, I didn't have much luck when I hooked up a guy with literally thousands of pieces of stolen mail. I forget how many staff hours we put into cataloging it, but it was ridiculous.

Personally, I'm still waiting for them to make good on the insurance on my blackface Fender Deluxe Reverb that must have "fallen off the post office truck" in Hamden CT in 1997.
    LOL. Postal Inspectors are totally useless for anything. FEMA is probably less inept than them . I spent 33 years with the P.O. .

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    Looks like I’m getting the S&W 64-3 tomorrow for $375. My dreams of a .45 ACP revolver will have to wait a bit longer, as will my desire for a >6 round .357
    If you decide this revolver isn't for you, you definitely won't having any trouble selling it.

Dam it boys, ya'll got me talkin to clark custom guns about an acp cylinder or cutting my colt cylinder on my mountain gun.
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    If you decide this revolver isn't for you, you definitely won't having any trouble selling it.
    I’m bringing it home shortly. Ended up getting it for $375 private sale. Had the gunsmith give it a once over and the internals are all solid. I’ll post it when I get it home but I wonder if it should have its own thread as I have some questions about it and could use advice on getting into .38 K frames.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    I’m bringing it home shortly. Ended up getting it for $375 private sale. Had the gunsmith give it a once over and the internals are all solid. I’ll post it when I get it home but I wonder if it should have its own thread as I have some questions about it and could use advice on getting into .38 K frames.
    There already is one suitable: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....dict-So-Sue-Me

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Thanks I will post there shortly

Just as a point of reference - I know that the OP has moved on / is working with the new .38/.357 revolver he got - but this is at my local LGS. Been there for 3
    months. Being somewhat ignorant of the S&W eco-system and .45 ACP revolvers … not sure if it is the price or the model that has left it an orphan for so long!

Name:  IMG_9988.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  38.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_9989.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  36.5 KB

PM me if anyone wants info of shop. Curious to hear the feedback re: this model given this discussion of the form factor / caliber in a revolver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    That looks to be a cut down, refinished 1917. I obviously can't evaluate the condition and quality of work based on the photo, but it's likely the owner is thinking "It's an old S&W, therefore worth big bucks" when it's really worth 1/3-1/2 of what he's asking, and that's if the work was well done. It'll be in that case for a long time unless a buyer looks at it and thinks, "It's an old S&W, therefore worth big bucks".

There's a possibility that it's a 1950 Army, in which case it might be worth more than I think, but a collector would want it unmolested.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post
    Just as a point of reference - I know that the OP has moved on / is working with the new .38/.357 revolver he got - but this is at my local LGS. Been there for 3
    months. Being somewhat ignorant of the S&W eco-system and .45 ACP revolvers … not sure if it is the price or the model that has left it an orphan for so long!

Name:  IMG_9988.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  38.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_9989.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  36.5 KB

PM me if anyone wants info of shop. Curious to hear the feedback re: this model given this discussion of the form factor / caliber in a revolver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think that’s a bit much for what looks like an altered M1917 or something.

I’ve been looking on Guns International and see many Model 25-2 N Frames available that are in excellent to like-new condition. Anyone have any insight on the 25-2’s in .45 ACP?

User Tag List