Thread: Mounting question unable to remove extractor since optic install (Gen 5 Glock)

Mounting question unable to remove extractor since optic install (Gen 5 Glock)

I recently installed a Holosun 509T on My Glock 45. I used the Holosun steel plate and supplied screws. I now am unable to remove the extractor, extractor spring or extractor depressor plunger and spring. My guess is one of the mounting screws is the issue. Just for kicks I checked my gen 5 Glock 19 that’s got an Acro P-2 mounted with a C&H precision plate, this gun and optic has the same issue. Both set ups the plates were mounted utilizing the factory provided screws and Torqued correctly per the manufactures torque values. Just curious if anybody else has this issue? I checked my work gun which is a gen 5 34 with an RMR mounted and C&H precision plate and it does not have this issue.
    Any info is appreciated.

Almost assuredly the right side plate screw is impinging on the extractor plunger assembly. You’ll likely have to remove the offending screw and file until it’s not impinging.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Almost assuredly the right side plate screw is impinging on the extractor plunger assembly. You’ll likely have to remove the offending screw and file until it’s not impinging.
    This is the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    This is exactly what happened on my Gen 3 G17 but not on my Gen 3 G26 (both milled by the same person on the same CNC). When I ground down the offending screw with a Dremel stone, it was barely a full thread that needed to be removed.

Site Supporter
    Edge of my lane:

This happen quite a bit with agency armorer with whom I work. He is contemplating removing a full thread and tapering all right side screws as a standard install method on the front end. It is absolutely one of the first things he checks when one reports the issue(s) of the OP and/or newly occurring extraction related malfunctions.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

shortened the right side screw a few thousandths and all is well. Ran the gun this week in 2,5 day Glock MOS instructor class and it ran great

User Tag List