Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: So.......Obama wants to reinstate the AWB, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Every AR & AK Pattern 'Modern Sporting Rifle' in our respective stables will immediately regain all of its value, and as time progresses that value will increase.

I guess I should have said,

'Could be'

rather than

'Will be'

After some thought an AWB could actually be quite detrimental to some of our SME's & Instructors. Jay(LSHD) & F2S come to mind, my apologies to all for not considering your livelihood in my above statements.
    Honestly I don't think my business would be adversely affected. Just my current thought process.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    When the President of the United States says he wants to stop you from being able to buy guns he disapproves of, I don't think it's "pandering" for people to sound the alarm bell about it seeing as how we've actually had national gun bans passed before and how lack of mobilization has damaged us in the past.

A bunch of angry people who insist that those bastards get not an inch more is a good thing...and, sadly, a necessary thing to keep the meddlesome wolves at bay.
    I agree that what he said NEEDS to be known, I just request it be reported upon accurately.
    I take offense at the TTAG article in particular.

The headline is 'President Obama Calls for Assault Weapons Ban' this headline is misleading and not factual.

They then state they have direct quotes in the article and completely ignore his actual statement in regard to an Assault Weapons Ban.

The next 4 years are going to be 'choppy' for us regardless of who is in the oval office. At this point I am probably staying home on election day because I don't trust any of them and would rather regret not voting vs. voting for the wrong turd.

It is frankly shocking Obama made the mistake of saying what he did, and I bet his advisors were grimacing. Another example the magic of 2008 isn't there?

Our town is a hippie inholding in Alaska, and where everything was Obama four years ago, I couldn't find a bumper sticker or lawn sign today in 15 minutes of looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Honestly I don't think my business would be adversely affected. Just my current thought process.
    Good to hear!

I'm frightened to go to work tomorrow
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Edit: ABC changed the formatting. The section is now here:
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/...9#.UH7XobTdI20

Jay's quote is accurate, but if anyone's interested here's the page of ABC's transcript containing the statements. Search for "weapon" to bring you to the section:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/...2#.UH5DgELdI20
    Last edited by Carraway; 10-17-2012 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Link changed.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Every AR & AK Pattern 'Modern Sporting Rifle' in our respective stables will immediately regain all of its value, and as time progresses that value will increase.
    Nothing personal, but that turns my stomach almost as much as the guy I heard saying that he didn't want the Hughes Amendment repealed because then his modest collection of Stens and HK94 sear guns would nosedive in value. That's Quisling talk, right there.

What other of my rights are you willing to sell if it'll pad your bottom line?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    I'm frightened to go to work tomorrow
    I was working behind a gun store counter in '94. It was a madhouse. (Although December of '99 was worse, because everybody needed an SKS and a half-dozen cases of ammo before the computers crashed at midnight, leaving us roaming the blighted wasteland with colanders strapped to our faces.)
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Good read!

http://tacstrikeblog.com/the-problem...-panic-buying/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly when he made that comment my wife and I smiled. I feel his ability to re enact the AWB is virtually impossible, just my opinion. However, what that statement did is lose votes for him, and motivate the NRA to crank up the media machine. My wife actually made the comment that he shot himself in the foot with voters..... and then she busted up laughing. Gave me enough reason to pick up some HK mags from Cross Creek Guns.
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List