Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So.......Obama wants to reinstate the AWB, huh?

Obama's comments about a drastically reduced amount of documented illegal border crossings also got me going.

Maybe there wouldn't be a drastically reduced amount of documented illegal border crossings if it wasn't for his "selective placement" policies where CBP Agents are placed 40 miles away from the trafficking routes on land where they're assured to not run across illegals.

Well......at least.....that's what two very pissed off friends who are CBP Agents have told me what happens.....

This is not new news. This has been known for years.
    twitter.com/ddbaxte

Quote Originally Posted by G60 View Post
    This is not new news. This has been known for years.
    He's never come out and openly stated that he wants to reinstate the AWB, and gun control hasn't really interested him over his term. At all.

So......

I've been wanting to buy a VEPR anyway for about 2 months now. I guess you can all help me decide whether I want a 16" or 20". I'm leaning towards 308 but might go for 5.56.

He campaigned on reinstating the AWB in 2007/08.
    twitter.com/ddbaxte

Obama's support for gun control = Romney wins PA, VA, NV, FL, WV, CO and a few other moderate democrat states that might have otherwise been in play.
    The NRA will be cranking up the printing press and hitting send on the bulk emailer with Obama's quotes (I'm writing the NRA-ILA a check right now to help cover the printing costs).
    IMO it's a good thing Obama came out in support of a new AWB.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

My take is the NRA was smiling to see two grown men terrified to answer the question, but that Obama let out enough of what he would like to do that it will cost him some votes and allow some NRA "urgent" directives to vote for Romney.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Obama let out enough of what he would like to do that it will cost him some votes
    And that's what I don't get.

Anyone who wants an AWB is probably so far left that they'd vote for Obama anyway........so I don't understand why he'd say what he did. He can only lose votes, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    And that's what I don't get.

Anyone who wants an AWB is probably so far left that they'd vote for Obama anyway........so I don't understand why he'd say what he did. He can only lose votes, basically.
    Exactly what I though. Stupid move when it could have easily been tap-danced around. Maybe he's just that confident he'll win.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    My wife just called me to tell me about his comment during the debate. FWIW -- and I'm sure the whole video will be up on YouTube soon -- her take was that it was something he said "he'd consider" or "he'd be willing to look at" in conjunction with lots of other things like "reducing the culture of violence" (whatever the hell that means).
    You know, the culture that is created by giving a man a fish rather than teaching him how to fish.

Obama would ban guns in a minute if we let him but instead of displaying his true intentions, he has to change the subject by blaming it on the "culture of violence."

But does it really matter when you are buying the fish and the votes with government cash borrowed from China?
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

The outgoing (D) Congressional class of 1994 all simultaneously screamed at their televisions when Obama said he supported a new AWB.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List