Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So.......Obama wants to reinstate the AWB, huh?

His exact statement was,

"So what I am trying to do is get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally, part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban re-introduced. But part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence."

He then proceeded to state that most of the violence in Chicago was from cheap handguns 'Hi-Point *cough*'.

First off and on a personal political note IMO 90% of all politicians in Washington 'or trying to get there' need to be sent home. The bi-partisan finger pointing and flat out yes/no black/white nonsense happening along party lines is disgusting.
    As far as the presidential race goes its like this "which turd are you voting for?", so I DO NOT have a horse in this race.

That being said IMO when he said this it was pandering to the Antis and the simple fact that he isn't even sure he could get the legislation introduced speaks volumes.

& TTAG and some other blogs are IMO hitting the panic button and pandering to all of us just as much as the President did to the Anti's.

Jay
    Last edited by Jay; 10-17-2012 at 11:00 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    He then proceeded to state that most of the violence in Chicago was from cheap handguns 'Hi-Point *cough*'.
    TCinVA/GunNutsMedia = School of the America's for gangbangers.

just joking Tim and Caleb

We are diminished
    Thanks for the exact quote, Jay. Apologies for my inaccurate second person relay earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Apologies for my inaccurate second person relay earlier.
    Your general gist was correct, there gonna look into it. If they think the turd might float they may look into it further.

Lets face facts on the actual possibility of a re-introduced AWB.

1. It will either have a sunset, or be overturned. In the current political climate EVERYONE has bigger fish to fry and no matter what you do you cannot regulate crazy.

2. As callous or shocking as this may sound, an AWB would be nothing short of lucrative for pretty much every member here.

That being said there are plenty more toys I want to buy, and considering I am all of 3 weeks in on the wait for my 4 NFA items and about ready to pull my hair out from said wait, the thought of a 10 year blight nauseates me.

Also and this is just my opinion, Romney is just as dangerous if not more so than Obama when it comes to gun control. Tonight he made it sound like the NRA sat down with him to help him draft the AWB in Massachusetts.

2. As callous or shocking as this may sound, an AWB would be nothing short of lucrative for pretty much every member here.
    How so? Other than selling off everything I've got a few years into it, I mean.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Forget the AWB

In my opinion, the bigger threat is not the possibility of the AWB being reinstated. The bigger threat is the high probability that Obama will be appointing more Supreme Court Justices. With our rights already hanging by a slim margin in the Supreme court, THAT is the bigger threat.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    How so? Other than selling off everything I've got a few years into it, I mean.
    Every AR & AK Pattern 'Modern Sporting Rifle' in our respective stables will immediately regain all of its value, and as time progresses that value will increase.

I guess I should have said,

'Could be'

rather than

'Will be'

After some thought an AWB could actually be quite detrimental to some of our SME's & Instructors. Jay(LSHD) & F2S come to mind, my apologies to all for not considering your livelihood in my above statements.
    Last edited by Jay; 10-16-2012 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Additional thoughts

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    My wife just called me to tell me about his comment during the debate. FWIW -- and I'm sure the whole video will be up on YouTube soon -- her take was that it was something he said "he'd consider" or "he'd be willing to look at" in conjunction with lots of other things like "reducing the culture of violence" (whatever the hell that means).
    ...because we all know how honest Mr. Obama is when he's on camera.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    You know, the culture that is created by giving a man a fish rather than teaching him how to fish.

Obama would ban guns in a minute if we let him but instead of displaying his true intentions, he has to change the subject by blaming it on the "culture of violence."

But does it really matter when you are buying the fish and the votes with government cash borrowed from China?
    I think it's hilarious to hear him mention the culture of violence after he went to a fundraiser hosted by Jay Z. Gangster rapper who stabbed a dude.

Obama is either completely unable to appreciate irony (and I don't put that past him, as I've never bought the idea that he's a genius...I think quite the opposite) or he thinks the rest of us are.

and the simple fact that he isn't even sure he could get the legislation introduced speaks volumes.

& TTAG and some other blogs are IMO hitting the panic button and pandering to all of us just as much as the President did to the Anti's.

Jay
    When the President of the United States says he wants to stop you from being able to buy guns he disapproves of, I don't think it's "pandering" for people to sound the alarm bell about it seeing as how we've actually had national gun bans passed before and how lack of mobilization has damaged us in the past.

A bunch of angry people who insist that those bastards get not an inch more is a good thing...and, sadly, a necessary thing to keep the meddlesome wolves at bay.

User Tag List