Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Light The Night!

Light The Night!

Dear PF friends,

I am participating in The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) Light The Night Walk Las Vegas on Saturday, November 3rd, and I would like to ask for your support.
    LLS is the single largest nonprofit contributor to blood cancer research – more than $750 million has been invested in life-saving science.

My own personal experience with the LLS stems from my Uncle, an Army veteran, passing away from lymphoma a couple of years ago. He was a huge supporter and participant in the Washington D.C. Light The Night event and I've donated my money religiously to their cause in his name. Now I'm ready to take it a step further and have made a commitment to being actively involved in the organization and doing what I can to make a difference.

Critical treatment innovations have originated through blood cancer research – radiation, chemotherapy, stem cell transplantation, and new targeted therapies. Nearly 50% of all FDA approved cancer drugs in the past decade were for blood cancer. Many are now being tested for other cancers and other illnesses.

Last year over 40,000 patients received financial assistance from LLS totaling over $6 million. And LLS provides information and support to patients and their caregivers all free. And to help patients during this time of crisis, LLS’s financial aid and co-pay programs are critically important.

Light The Night is a special night, celebrating and commemorating lives touched by cancer.

Your help will make a difference! Please consider making a donation to LLS on my behalf. To join me in the Walk or to donate online, visit: http://pages.lightthenight.org/snv/LasVegas12/TeamReed.

No contribution is too small or too large. Thank you for your support in the fight against blood cancer.

Thank you for your generosity,
    IRISH and family.

IRISH, tried to donate but the "click to donate" button took me to a blank page. Happy to help but need some info on how to pay. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    IRISH, tried to donate but the "click to donate" button took me to a blank page. Happy to help but need some info on how to pay. Thanks
    Tony - Try clicking on one of the "bubbles" that denotes a denomination or "other" to specify a certain amount and then click on the DONATE TO TEAM button. Thank you so much for your generosity!

Done

da6d

Quote Originally Posted by da6dspanburg View Post
    Done

da6d
    Thank you so much!

We could use all the help, support and donations you could muster! Feel free to forward our Team Page on to anyone you know. Thanks!!!

Bump for a great cause!

11 days out and we're at 91% of our goal of $2000. What can you do to help us with our $180 deficit! Any and all donations will help!

Thank you!

Done!
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    Done!
    Thank you!!!

User Tag List