Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: JMCK AIWB George Cracked

Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    Had anyone else had this happen before. This is a George AIWB.
    Was getting ready for IDPA match yesterday am, went to put on (using my new tennicor zero belt) and noticed the guard was bent in.
    Holster is several years old, (at least 3), was my daily use. Luckily I had an old wing claw I used for the match
    Trying to upload pics
    It looks like you could cut off the broken part and still have a holster you can velcro in a pack/bag.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Send it to @Flamingo. He'll convert it into something. Maybe a knife holster.😁

At home I place my kydex holster on my belt by first removing the weapon. Then I insert the weapon. I do the reverse when undressing. For me this method requires less fumbling, which might be a wear and tear factor. My limited range of motion is the reason for my doing it like this.

We should make a sticky explaining that kydex holsters are dispensable.

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    I think they stick around because they work well for some people and not so much for others. I can at least articulate and give you a straight answer as to why I'm a hater. I don't like the that the holster is soft on one side of the gun and the kydex only retains the other half. It collapses and is not as smooth when reholstering. I don't like the top of the sweatguard coming in over the opening either. Just not my jam, but I wouldn't go as far as to say they shouldn't exist.
    Mine doesn’t do that, what brand was yours?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Mine doesn’t do that, what brand was yours?
    It was a long time ago and I think I tried both Crossbreed and Alien Gear. I'm sure there are other companies that have solved the problem, but I gave up on the concept and I'm happy enough with full kydex holsters that I have no desire to revisit it.

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    It was a long time ago and I think I tried both Crossbreed and Alien Gear. I'm sure there are other companies that have solved the problem, but I gave up on the concept and I'm happy enough with full kydex holsters that I have no desire to revisit it.
    I appreciate you communicating what your experience was and why it was a no go.

I would also not want a holster if it did that!

Order received, New George

All is again good with the world, received my "George" in mail yesterday.

All I can say is Tony makes a good product, I hope I get the same amount of years of use with this one

User Tag List