Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stick an optic on a USP?

Stick an optic on a USP?

I've fallen back in love with the USP line. I carried my USP 40c LEM as pretty much my only gun last year and loved it.

I had been pondering for some time and finally made the decision to pickup a USP 9 (full size) and the parts to convert it to LEM. I should have the gun and kit within a couple weeks.

I have the holsters and gear to carry it sans-optic, but have been thinking about mounting a RMR on it. I've used pistol optics on and off for the past eight years, have attended a couple PMO instructor classes, but am still not sold on them being necessary for me. After lots of training and use they are advantageous for me at distance, but still a hinderance or break-even with irons within 15 yards.

If I do have this USP 9 milled, I'm thinking the Wright Armory I-Dot. Does anyone have experience with it?

Are there other options?

I will detail my thoughts when time permits.

I did the WA iDot.
    Taking a break from social media.

I am very interested as well. HK USP 45 and 9.

Expect to see a run of USP 45 pistols, ready for an optic, soon.

https://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail?i...KLTTUSP45FTJRM
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

Did not see that coming.

If they have another run of USP9s, I’ll probably be listing a few guns for sale to fund one.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    I will detail my thoughts when time permits.

I did the WA iDot.
    I'm looking forward to hearing what you think!

Interesting. I’ve been pondering a USP compact milled for a dot.

It’s a LTT conversion- I would certainly be interested in a factory offering if it matched the optics system from the VP series. Probably never going to happen.

Had a massive wall of text that didn't actually apply to your specific question. More of my musings on dots in general and not applicable to most here.

I did the WA iDot, took a bit longer than promised, return packaging left a bit to be desired. As in very fortunate it was not damaged.

The backup irons were nicely done. However, the rear sight took up most of the tiny window of the RMR and printed about 8 inches high. Fortunately they use a Glock dovetail, so easy enough fix. I promptly ordered a 10-8 Performance rear. Upon drifting out the existing sight, the ultra thin aluminum dovetail became deformed slightly into the RMR pocket. No worries again, some light polishing and all was well. Replacement plates are around $150, by the way. They are very proud of their work. Installed the 10-8, confirmed irons at 25yds with GDHP 124+p.

Completely changed the usability of the pistol in a negative way. Made it too large, and presented height over bore issues (both near and far) I've not experienced with a pistol.
    I would not do it again on this particular gun intended for concealed carry. Had to replace it with another P2000SK.
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List