Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Stick an optic on a USP?

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    I recently took a low light class (my first dedicated pistol class in quite a while) and was “reintroduced” to the entire “red dot on a pistol genre”.

I walked away impressed.

Dumb question:

Is there a way to have a plate machined to cover the optic cut out? I’m sure anything is possible given enough cash flow, but curious if this is something that is normally available and done. I’d be much more comfortable putting my pistol under the knife if I knew there was a method of facial reconstruction. Lol
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    I recently took a low light class (my first dedicated pistol class in quite a while) and was “reintroduced” to the entire “red dot on a pistol genre”.

I walked away impressed.

Dumb question:

Is there a way to have a plate machined to cover the optic cut out? I’m sure anything is possible given enough cash flow, but curious if this is something that is normally available and done. I’d be much more comfortable putting my pistol under the knife if I knew there was a method of facial reconstruction. Lol
    I wouldn't say it is normally done but it is not uncommonly done, especially with an RMR cut.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I guess I would just want a way to bring it back to a semblance of “stock configuration”.

Now all we need is Safariland to make an ALS for it.....

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    I guess I would just want a way to bring it back to a semblance of “stock configuration”.

Now all we need is Safariland to make an ALS for it.....
    I think the cut on a USP is intrusive enough, you should consider it a dedicated optics slide even if you could get a plate. I doubt we ever see an ALS that works with a USP with an optic.

I guess it “go big or go home”...

LTT / LIPSEY’s DA LIGHT STRIKES

I have 2 of the LTT/Lipsey’s HK USP 45 with Holosun 509Ts. Overall I like the package.

Today both of them are giving me LIGHT STRIKES , one gave me 3 out of 24 light strikes, one gave me 1 out of 24 light strikes. I am not impressed.

These light strikes were all DA after using the hammer drop, the second DA trigger pull would fire it.

This was with the Federal 230 gr FMJ that has been great in multiple HK USP 45s.

I put the 3/24 light strike upper on a LEM lower and had no light strikes in 48:rounds.
    My guess is the hammer spring is too light. Not a good thing but fixable.

My intent is to set them up as LEM / MATCH HYBRIDS. I thought I might like the action work but I much prefer LEM / MATCH HYBRIDS.

I wanted the LTT package , otherwise I would set up a LEM / MATCH HYBRID and send it in to LTT.

Test your gear !

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    I have 2 of the LTT/Lipsey’s HK USP 45 with Holosun 509Ts. Overall I like the package.

Today both of them are giving me LIGHT STRIKES , one gave me 3 out of 24 light strikes, one gave me 1 out of 24 light strikes. I am not impressed.

These light strikes were all DA after using the hammer drop, the second DA trigger pull would fire it.

This was with the Federal 230 gr FMJ that has been great in multiple HK USP 45s.

I put the 3/24 light strike upper on a LEM lower and had no light strikes in 48:rounds.
    My guess is the hammer spring is too light. Not a good thing but fixable.

My intent is to set them up as LEM / MATCH HYBRIDS. I thought I might like the action work but I much prefer LEM / MATCH HYBRIDS.

I wanted the LTT package , otherwise I would set up a LEM / MATCH HYBRID and send it in to LTT.

Test your gear !
    I did not experience light strikes with mine. Is hot Winchester white box 230, Critical Duty and Underwood Lehigh Super loads. Did you learn anything from LTT?

Email sent to LTT.

I have a spare USP 9mm slide and an RMR looking for a host...

Langdon or Wright Armory?

I saw an Instagram pic (I think?) of an Acro on a USP9. The post mentioned how the lightening cuts of the USP9 slide are problematic for RDS mounting, but this was apparently overcome. I don't have the pic, but the optic was very low-slung over the slide.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

User Tag List