Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Federal non-duty bonded 64 gr SP 5.56

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    While the “ND” in the product number indicates the non duty status for this ammo is from the factory, it’s not uncommon to see duty ammo traded in by agencies for sale at a discount with “not for duty use” caveats simply because the seller has no control / info on the conditions under which the ammo might have been stored. “It’s probably fine” is mot acceptable for a life/safety application.
    That could explain why the bullets were pulled. I need to load up some test rounds anyway so I'll just make extra for expansion testing.
    Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem
    I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude
    -Thomas Jefferson
    I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    While the “ND” in the product number indicates the non duty status for this ammo is from the factory, it’s not uncommon to see duty ammo traded in by agencies for sale at a discount with “not for duty use” caveats simply because the seller has no control / info on the conditions under which the ammo might have been stored. “It’s probably fine” is mot acceptable for a life/safety application.
    Since it appears to be factory marked, I think it's unlikely to be traded in ammunition, and more likely ammo or projectiles that didn't meet specifications in QC. Safe to shoot, but maybe out of the velocity window, or a lot of bullets that didn't perform to spec.

User Tag List