Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Read It And Weep

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    I gotta say, I'm not surprised at the ranking of the BOP. I had almost daily interaction with the BOP in the job I retired from a year ago. Most of those interactions revealed a stunning level of either incompetence and/or failure to give a shit. Every so often you would come across case manager trying to do a good job and they were an absolute delight to deal with, true gems; but they were few and far between.
    The unfortunate quandary about the BOP is pretty microcosmic for corrections as a field - the overwhelming majority of your high performers will jump ship to other agencies within a few years, unless there's another eligibility issue in play. For a local/state jail or road dog looking to jump to the feds it's a solid way to stop your age clock and get that 6C train started while your applications with somewhere else progress, but I wouldn't recommend it as an entry level gig and I wouldn't recommend staying as line staff longer than it takes to get GS-8 for pay matching purposes.
    Last edited by kobuksonhwacha; 04-20-2023 at 11:55 AM.

User Tag List