Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RFI -Gallup New Mexico -Mid May 23

Site Supporter
    I travel i 40 between West Texas and AZ all the time. Several long trips a year. Been doing this for over a decade. I only stopped to stay in Gallup once. I had to stay up all night because a crazed dude was shouting random death threats to everyone who walked outside their hotel room. All. Damn. Night.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Almost all of them seemed drunk or on drugs, and usually were babbling unintelligible nonsense. It'd take 5-10mins to convince them something more interesting was happening up the street or otherwise get them to move on.

By 10pm it was basically The Walking Dead. One of us had to stand watch so the drunk weirdos didn't start trying to get in our truck, or our trailer, or come up and babble nonsense to us. Around .
    This mirrors my experiences almost perfectly.

Gallup was the biggest crap hole I ever stayed in. Guy tried to break into our motel room that night , if it wasent for the chair I had wedged under the door knob the night before and us yelling with our guns pointed that direction it could have ended very poorly. It was also a fun night of watching drug deals go down from our window...

Needless to say I would avoid it like the plague.

User Tag List